Nacra 5.7 Hobby cat Atlanta  Bottom

Go to page 1 - 2 [+1]:

• https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/boa/6016460187.html

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --
  • That's a sad sight. I contacted the seller and advised a few edits to his ad.

--
    '82 Super Cat 15
    Hull #315
    Virginia
    Previously owned: '70 H14, '79 H16, '68 Sailmaster 26, '85 H14T
    --
  • QuoteThat's a sad sight. I contacted the seller and advised a few edits to his ad.

LOL - seems 100% accurate to me (NOT)

"comes complete with diapers that hang from the top of the mast for leaning during tilt."
    Sounds just a bit scary
  • HaHa, someone near Atlanta should check it out though, $800 for Nacra 5.7 with trailer and he says he has the sails. Would be worth a look even if it's missing everything else.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Wow, what a deal! Get a new "tarpolium" from Harbor Freight and you're good to go!!!

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --
  • The tires appear to hold air, the spreader end caps are there, it can't be that neglected. Negotiated down a bit, it would be a steal if the blocks, sails are good.
    IIRC that color scheme is an '83.
    He has it to far forward on the trailer, rear hull skeg is not on the roller, but ther is lots of meat in the up sweep of the hull, should be OK.
    It's a Sunday afternoon picnic from Memphis. If I were Damon, it would be in my yard. Get rid of that million lb H18, & ride one of the best Cats ever built for the recreational sailor.

Edited by Edchris177 on Feb 24, 2017 - 07:49 PM.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Quote it would be in my yard

fly down and drag it to my yard.
    it can be "our" fun boat :)
  • Edchris177
    It's a Sunday afternoon picnic from Memphis. If I were Damon, it would be in my yard. Get rid of that million lb H18, & ride one of the best Cats ever built for the recreational sailor.

Ha, nice shot, but I'm not buying the myth of the lightweight 5.7, I've helped move too many of them around to believe they are much lighter than the H18, no matter what printed specs might say. After all, they appear to have a lead-filled keel running most of the length of the hull. rofl2

But seriously folks, despite how heavy and ugly the Nacra 5.7 was, I do lust after the new Nacra 570 Sport, but only since they don't make a new Hobie 18 Sport. icon_wink

http://www.nacrasailing.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/570-sport.jpg

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Quote After all, they appear to have a lead-filled keel running most of the length of the hull. rofl2

But seriously folks, despite how heavy and ugly the Nacra 5.7 was,

Blasphemy! Fake News!
    Quotefly down and drag it to my yard.
    it can be "our" fun boat :)

That might not be a bad idea. Things up here are the pits. We've had epic powder skiing out at the Western place, (112cm(44") in one dump), & getting another 10 almost every day. Heading out to Revelstoke, the highest vertical in N. America next week, but man the Eastern skiing is ridiculous.
    The temps were up to 17C, (63F) on Thursday, yesterday the lifts shut down due to lightning.
    It's bad enough dodging thunderstorms during the summer sailing season, but ducking bolts on the snow is neither fair nor just!

Edited by Edchris177 on Feb 25, 2017 - 12:28 PM.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Does not look like a hot deal to me. It's very unlikely the seller has any idea what the true condition of the sails are.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • Ahem, Damon, you're treading on thin ice here my friend. Lol

--
    Tim
    Collierville (Memphis), TN
    Supercat 15--sold :(
    Hobie monocat--given
    Vanguard 15--traded for...
    Nacra 4.5--sold
    Nacra 5.7
    Hobie 14–sold to make room for...
    Supercat 17–sold
    --
  • Judging by the deterioration of the stripes on the hulls, not to mention the collection of leaves on the "tarpolium", I would say this boat has been neglected for a while. Who knows, give it a good scrubbing down and it may surprise someone. Surprises me also that the seller doesn't know the terminology ascociated with the vessel he is selling. Hmmm, buyer beware. It is what it is.

--
    Marty
    --
  • Quotedeterioration of the stripes on the hulls, not to mention the collection of leaves on the "tarpolium", I would say this boat has been neglected for a while.

Defiantly lacking in cleaning ... but that doesn't spell doom for a cat - sails and hardware could still be Mint in the box

both my mystere's were green and looked like death when purchased.... even had hornets in the board wells....
  • Hello, I am new here and I will be looking at this Hobby Cat this weekend. You know the one with the diapers for leaning and tilt. I can not figure what he is talking about. I will inspect it and especially check for solf spots,look at the sails and etc.I am in the market for something big enough for my son an myself about 400 pounds. I live in Georgia and back in 1971 I bought my first Hobie 16. I hate the pitchpole on those boats. I am wanting speed and of coarse something safe. I wanted a supercat 17 or 19 even better. There is that supercat17 on eBay and Craigslist but it looks shot! A nice supercat 19 in south fla for 3500. but seems pricey.also a nacra 5.8 looks shot in south fl.Could be OK. I will let everyone know the condition of that Hobby cat in Atlanta after I see it.Can't wait!

--
    Tom Bainbridge, Ga. Hobie16, prindle 18.2
    --
  • Welcome to the party ec. I'm new as well but this seems to be a good bunch around here

--
    Andrew
    Hobie 16 "spirit of '76"
    Lexington, KY
    --
  • Thank you.

--
    --
  • My take on the terms the seller uses are this. Hobby cat, he calls it a "hobby cat" and I think he means Hobie Cat even though it is a Nacra and clearly not a Hobie.
    Diapers, I think he is referring to the older style trapeze harnesses sometimes referred to as "butt buckets"
    Leaning and tilt, I would assume the seller is talking about hull flying.
    Hope the boat checks out okay ec, welcome to the wonderful world of beachcats!!!! I live fairly close to the Ga state line, in fact I work just over the state line in West Point, GA.

--
    Marty
    --
  • That Supercat 19 in Florida (if we are talking about the same one) is a nice boat. At least it was when I had it a couple years ago. It's a SC 19 XL, which has a 33ft mast, not the 28ft like the 19. That boat also has the self tacking jib. I put a new set of Aquarius tube battens in it as well. The boat is an '89 if I remember correctly. I'd love to have it back!

It was a freshwater boat until 2 years ago. I bought it from someone in Wisconsin

Edited by lakewateree on Mar 01, 2017 - 08:23 PM.

--
    Mac
    Midlands South Carolina
    AHPC Viper USA 366
    A Cat USA 366
    Super Cat 17
    --
  • Hello Mac, yes that is a nice cat and looked great in the photo. By the way the Hobie so-called cat boat was deleted in Atlanta it was a nacra5.7 looked rough but a cheap price perhaps he sold the narca5.7 I had an appointment to see it Friday so I sent him a message and have not heard back. He was very vague about my questions during our conversation and numerous emails.i will look further for a cat.I glad I found this beachcat forum and look forward to learning more about beachcats.I did lots of sailing in the 70's and eighty's. I an old man! But I am ready to hit the gulf with my sons.you only go around once!

--
    --
  • Finally got an email and the man sold the Nacra5.7 in Atlanta.

--
    --

Go to page 1 - 2 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.