Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Prindle 16 bridle vane  Bottom

• Has anyone installed a Telo-Cat bridle vane on a prindle 16? Any issues or other vane suggestions? Thank you!

--
    J.D.
    1981 Prindle 16
    1978 Y-Flyer
    Akron,OH
    USA
    --
  • Issues: pretty fragile, and not really needed

Solution: string or old cassette tape tied to bridals (i hear van hallen actually makes your boat sail faster, not sure of the physics involved)

Edited by MN3 on Jul 18, 2016 - 02:53 PM.
  • I am sure I have some old van halen tapes along with many others that might qualify in a box somewhere! I think a mast vane is too awkward to look up at and the winds are shifty so some tape/string etc on the bridle should do it. Thx
  • I am sure I have some old van halen tapes along with many others that might qualify in a box somewhere! I think a mast vane is too awkward to look up at and the winds are shifty so some tape/string etc on the bridle should do it. Thx

Edited by jdb on Jul 18, 2016 - 05:44 PM.
  • I have had a few wind vains. they were ok but easily beat up or destroyed

I have been using tape for over a decade. works great, easy to carry an old one in my tool box, I have a lifetime supply of it from my youth

If you can get your hands on an old reel to reel... they are much thicker, easier to see, and more durable. I hear 8 track is real good too (Rick White claims Abba is the fastest 8 track for a catamaran, I can't back that up)
  • QuoteI have been using tape for over a decade. works great, easy to carry an old one in my tool box, I have a lifetime supply of it from my youth

+1, but for me these days it has to be either Bob Marley, Tom Petty, or Bruce Springsteen. When I started sailing a cat, I still had functioning cassette players, so I went though four tapes of Spanish lessons.....best use I ever got out of 'em!

Edited by rattlenhum on Jul 19, 2016 - 11:09 AM.

--
    Jerome Vaughan
    Hobie 16
    Clinton, Mississippi
    --
  • QuoteI went though four tapes of Spanish lessons.....best use I ever got out of 'em

se navega muy rápido ahora con la música correcta
  • bueno, la musinca correcta es lo que he estado perdiendo, gracias.
    Since I am located in NE Ohio Akron I will probably go with DEVO, The Pretenders, Black Keys, The O'jays, Eric Carmen, Michael Stanley....Thx
  • OK, so put new tape on the bridles this weekend. All I could readily find was an old cassette of a Stephen King movie music track.
    That was a crazy scary ride!!

--
    Supercat 15
    Windrider 17
    Several Sunfish and Sunfish clones
    Ratboat built from Zuma and Sunfish parts
    Shallow water sailor in the Delaware Bay
    --
  • MN3Issues: pretty fragile, and not really needed

Solution: string or old cassette tape tied to bridals (i hear van hallen actually makes your boat sail faster, not sure of the physics involved)Edited by MN3 on Jul 18, 2016 - 02:53 PM.

I think you have to use Beach Boys tape on beach cats.......

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • Use some tape from a RUSH cassette and you will definitely sail faster!!!!

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.