Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Americas cup New York City, Luis Vuiton Trials 5/6-5/8  Bottom

• From the Battery to Stuveyesant High School on the Hudson River, practice runs fri 5/6, races 11am til 3 sat/sun 5/7-5/8 they r racing almost identical 44ft foiling cats new generation Americas cup competitors capable of 45knots all cat sailors in NYC area take a weekend off and view the races should be a big party in front of Freedom Tower area on the Hudson- my newly repaired Dart main by Sailors Choice Amityville Long Island will have to wait even thou I'm launched and ready as of Sunday, go on line and all info available info there,hope to see many beach cat sailors there,after all we have prevailed and the mono sailers have had to finally admit to cat superiority-see you there
  • Is this on rain or shine?

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --
  • Yes according to latest post Good news sun supposed to come out for a time sat&. sun 1st sun since last sat here in ny area
  • I am heading in today for 12-3. Any good ideas for vantage points? Maybe we can arrane a "beach cat forum" hangout spot.

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --
  • After years of good coverage to get the AC out to more people, they decide you cannot watch it on the web,I thought it was 2016.

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    Windrider Rave x2 for sale
    --
  • After years of good coverage to get the AC out to more people, they decide you cannot watch it on the web,I thought it was 2016.

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    Windrider Rave x2 for sale
    --
  • Sorry I didn't see posts and missed meet ing cat sailors at americas cup races this past sat&sun 5/7&5/8/16. Little wind sat but they ran a race at 4:30 after the races were to have ended, the Japanese cat soft bank prevailed. Joel Burris a mono sailor I only take out when the wind is over 20ks because he is 6'5"" over250, got amazing shots on iPad eg the finish had these 44ft cats foiling over 35ks coming directly at the shore and 20,000 onlookers gawking at the spectacle. Sunday brought plenty of wind and all cats foiling at terrific speeds with our first sun in a week. Malcolm Stitt tornado/ice boat Mavin with his hitech camera got great shots maybe because he is 6'5"" too and could see over the throngs, and I will figure out finally this week how to share photos with beachcats site. Our cats joes 570 and my Dart18 are already on our mushrooms in The Great South Bay so we will be in wetsuits sailing this weekend psyched by America Cup NYC races. now the NY Times on line covered the races with goog photos but only after with no pre race publicity in ny area!
  • yes, they are hell bent on making sure no one can see any racing in America.
    way to go !!

you'd think this race was only for rich people with unlimited resources .... oh wait... it is

onekiwiAfter years of good coverage to get the AC out to more people, they decide you cannot watch it on the web,I thought it was 2016.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.