Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

so.cal sailors  Bottom

• anyone interested in doing a santa cruz island trip this summer ??????
  • check with Bob Martinez, his handle here is DartMan. He is the cat guy for Ventura Sailing club. They may have something planned.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • Several of us have talked about a Santa Cruz camp over. It's a toss up between Santa Cruz Island or Catalina Island. We can discuss it at the Trip Point Race.
  • ok dart, sounds good ...... see ya at the tri-point
  • I am up for getting another Catalina Trip planned some time in September or October. We had a nice trip last November but more daylight would be nice.

--
    Geno Hacker
    Lake Isabella, California
    Supercat 20, 1/2 of a B-Lion, H18, P16, H14
    --
  • I am still up for Catalina...Sept. will be difficult, October is better. My preference is Two Harbors over Parsons and then boat-in camping. Yeah, I do like some creature comforts but I will be swayed if that's what the vote is for....we already went thru the preparation last year so the only thing that's missing is an outboard mount on my boat. The outboard is fixed now, I just fired it up a few days ago.

--
    Marek
    1992 Prindle 19
    1981 Prindle 16
    --
  • Personally, I will pass on the Two harbors trip...been there too many times. I really want to check out the boat in camping beaches between two harbors and avalon. Goat harbor is on top of the list.

--
    Geno Hacker
    --
  • boat in camping is one option, I wouldn't throw any out of the window but we need committed boats

--
    Marek
    1992 Prindle 19
    1981 Prindle 16
    --
  • This is my view of going to Catalina

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/11866348_10206642883523587_382227515411624224_n.jpg?oh=700c9b1ad42aebde95da1831e02feadd&oe=56652AD9

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • Talk about flying a hull!

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    Windrider Rave x2 for sale
    --
  • Carl and myself are planning on doing a weekend catamaran trip to Goat Harbor on Catalina from October 23 to 25 (Friday to Sunday). We are taking Carl's Hobie 18 with a 2.5 HP motor.

There are pictures of Catamarans on the the beach at Goat Harbor if you search online. Neither Carl or myself have been to this landing which is a big part of the appel.

If others would like to join on it looks like there is room for up to 12 people total (4 people per site: 3 sites).

Obviously the trip is weather dependent, but reservations are required so we need to make plans now. I have reserved one of the three sites. If anyone else is intrested in going, it makes sence to reserve a diffrent site. If we have three crews going, and we reserve all three sites, we could have the entire cove to ourselves.

--
    Geno Hacker
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.