Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Lake Tahoe info needed  Bottom

• Very interested in sailing on Lake Tahoe. I've found very little (almost none) information specific to beachcats on Lake Tahoe, and more importantly, suitable launch sites (always my crux). I need a ramp with a sandy beach right next to it, or a short distance away, so that I can wade/paddle the boat to the sand and step the mast and rig it. Seems like most ramps are within some sort of marina. Indeed, many are closed due to low water levels right now.

I've heard the west shore is preferable to avoid the larger chop/swell that can come from the strong afternoon westerlies in summer, and pound the eastern shoreline. I'd would be driving from the northwest, through Truckee, so the west/north shore would be preferable anyway. I know Tahoe conditions can get pretty wild, and the water is cold. Full wetsuits planned, and plenty of research.

Thanks!

--
    Tom
    Nacra 5.5 Uni
    (actually a chopped down 18sq)
    (soon to be 5.5 sloop)
    Northern California
    --
  • Check with Hobie Fleet 2. They have done weekend sails across the lake. They put in on the North end and camp on the south end, but don't know the actual points. Good group of people, won't hold the Nacra against you.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --
  • Tom PM me for my #

I can give you some suggestions on where to launch etc that will fit your requirements.

Regards

Al
    R33 Tahoe ;)
  • Al, PM sent, thanks

--
    Tom
    Nacra 5.5 Uni
    (actually a chopped down 18sq)
    (soon to be 5.5 sloop)
    Northern California
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.