Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Boomless reefing  Bottom

• I've had my Nacra 5.0 out a few times with good results. We're considering doing some beach camping this summer and I've been thinking towards prepping for that as well as some long distance racing eventually. Does anyone have experience with reefing this type of sail?
  • Search the technical forum. There was a discussion a few weeks back where someone asked the exact same question. Should be a good starting point. The thread was started in March.

sm
  • We were talking about this earlier. My mainsail for a nacra 570 is in the shop now getting a reef put in. I'll let you know how it goes when I pick it up this weekend.

--
    Phil W
    Nacra 570
    Victoria BC
    www.mausails.com
    --
  • On my Reynolds i have a boom-less main with reef points. My issue is my main goes into a track and the sail Luff area of the sail where the downhull would be of the sail when you roll it up , it rolls past the mast! So now the main would be kinda in the way of the my Jib clew. To fix this i take out the Battens this allows me to have flexibility in the part rolled up!

--
    Reynolds 21 Catamaran #38
    Pennsylvania, PA.
    --
  • Easily done on a C Class sloop; either use a wire halyard extension at the head, or just cleat the halyard at the mast base.
    We use a downhaul hook, and a short mainsheet wire pennant with a hook at the clew. Roll the foot using the cringles with sail stops.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.