Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Trap tie-downs for H-18 How to rig?  Bottom

• Bought kit with four lengths of bungee,hooks and clip rings. I've been told to run bungee across under tramp.
    My 84Hobie setup - tramp is in track on sides and back. Puzzled! Did I buy kit for old lace style tramp? How do you route bungee through holes in deck lip?

Thanks
  • There are two fairleads through the deck flange on each hull. One is located just in front of the shroud and the other just behind the shroud. These are for the trap return bungees. Thread the bungee through the fairlead. About 7 or 8 feet in front of and behind the fairlead there is a small stainless steel eye strap riveted inside the hull flange (you can see the rivets on the outside of the flange). This is for securing the end of the bungee. Pass the bungee through the eye strap (you may need a small screw driver or needle nose pliers to pull the bungee through). Tie off the bungee or secure with a hog ring. Now you can clip the hook on the end of the bungee to the free end of your trapeeze line.

By the way, the H18 trap bungees have never been routed under the tramp. The only way you could do this would be to punch grommets in the tramp. The stock system is much cleaner.

sm
  • My Nacra's have 2 grommets in the tramp, one on each side. The bungee goes from one trap, down the hole, across underneath the tramp, & back up through the far side hole to that trap.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Thanks guys- appreciate your imput!

Boudreaux
  • OK, Dogboy has the intel on the Hobie.
    One other thing many do,(maybe not applicable to the Hobie if it doesn't run under tramp) is to attach a small block to the rear beam, & run extra bungee from one side back to this blkock, then forward to the other side.
    This allows lots of stretch, & if you go Peter Panning, or elsewhere during a flip, there is enough play in the system that you don't break the bungee.
    Hopefully someone has a decent photo of your setup.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.