Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Emerald Coast FL Group  Bottom

• Cat sailors from Pensacola to Destin.

--
    16' Prindle
    Emerald Coast of Florida
    --
  • Not sure if this is the right thread, but is there anyone in Panama City looking for crew? I've crewed on a couple Nacras, F16, and Hobie 16 out of Ocean Springs and I'm looking to get back into sailing while I'm in the area. Unfortunately I don't have a boat, but I have enough know how to help setup, sail, and disassemble one. If there's anyone looking for crew on the weekends let me know.

-Russ
  • Russ,
    Have you met the OSYC crowd? There is a regatta there next weekend, Hobie Midwinters East. I'll be there and would love to meet you. I'll be on my F18. I'll be happy to introduce you to a number of sailors who sometimes need crew. We are always looking for new folks to include in our fun.
    Andy Humphries
  • Going to be down in the PCB - Destin area in December, was thinking of bringing my N5.2 down and sailing with some locals, wanted to know if anyone does in fact sail in the winter months down there.

Give me some feedback
    Thanks
    R
  • bumping this thread .....waiting for info icon_biggrin
  • I've sailed a few times over the Christmas break. Bringing my A-cat down to PCB this week.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • trying to contact robpatt or coastrat?
  • the-renovatortrying to contact robpatt or coastrat?

Did you make it down to the coast?

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Damon

Will be there for 10 days starting this week-end, just found out that the resort we are staying at does not allow boats, something about HOA????

R
  • the-renovatorDamon

Will be there for 10 days starting this week-end, just found out that the resort we are staying at does not allow boats, something about HOA????

R

Must be a fancy place. icon_confused

Always amazes me how that kind of thing happens, why do people who hate the beach and boats buy property on the beach near boats.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Staying at the Wyndham Resorts Destin, this area is a sailing Mecca, and I'm here with no beachcat wallbash . So if there is anyone in the area looking for good crew, please contact me. Will be down here for 10 days and temps will be in the balmy 70F plus

the-renovator

Edited by the-renovator on Dec 19, 2015 - 09:45 PM.
  • Anyone down here on the Emerald Coast doing any sailing, anyone?

⛵️
  • the-renovatorAnyone down here on the Emerald Coast doing any sailing, anyone?

⛵️

Maybe, but the panhandle can be kind of a ghost town this time of year.

Not sure how familiar you are with the area, but Key Sailing at The Boardwalk on Pensacola Beach (sound side) has Hobie Getaways and sometimes something hotter for rent right on the beach.

Cool website too at http://www.keysailing.com/

Talk to Charlie Trinque or Kirk Newkirk there and they might be able to steer you to locals that are getting out.

http://www.keysailing.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/DSC_0736-1280-1024x682.jpg

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Thanks Damon!

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.