Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

SLIP TO SHIP 2013, Ocean Springs, MS  Bottom

Go to page 1 - 2 [+1]:

• All this is from the registration page:

https://www.regattanetwor…form.php?regatta_id=6809

vid from a few years agohttp://www.youtube.com/wa…dqHu7t4cK4&feature=share

Feel free to rant, rave, post incrimination pix from previous years... after all, it's been going on the the last 38 years... don't miss year 39, coming right up.

ENTRY and ELIGIBILITY - Open to multihull catamarans from 16-22 feet AND monohull boats up to 24 feet considered to be "Sportboats" (such as the Melges) with a US Portsmouth rating.

FORMAT - Two races on Saturday. Race One is from the waters in front of the Ocean Springs Yacht Club (OSYC), out to Ship Island. After lunch and relaxation on the island, race two goes back to where we started off at the OSYC. A third race will be held on Sunday, typically around Deer Island. Detailed routes will be presented in the forthcoming sailing instructions.

Two classes, spinnaker and non-spinnaker.

HOT NOTE! Ocean Springs Yacht Club is doing it up big again this year! Combined with the regatta on Saturday will be a club-wide potluck dinner, open to all sailors. A live band, cash bar poolside, and oh yes, Memorial Day weekend is the official opening of the swimming pool for summer. You don't want to miss this! The Sailing Squadron, the club, and the wonderful ladies (and men) on the social committee are dedicated to making this a weekend to remember! Don't miss it! Last year we had 46 boats, and we're hoping to break 50. We're keeping the price the same as last year... but the venue is kicked WAY UP, so INVITE YOUR FRIENDS!

NERVOUS? - We'll have chase boats, monitoring VHF channel 68 and lots of folks ready to lend assistance. If you've never sailed to the island, (about 10 miles south) but are an otherwise competent skipper, this is your chance!

TIRED? - Bring your tent or RV, no worries.

STILL NERVOUS? - Some race hard, some cruise easy, but everyone enjoys the party at the island. icon_smile

Check our facebook banner photo for the gang that went last year...!
    https://www.facebook.com/…Squadron/158640004244819

FEES - The entry fee for all boats is $60. Entries include breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday, breakfast on Sunday, and one (1) regatta t-shirt. Saturday lunch is chicken and beverages on the island. Dinner will be a pulled pork luau combined w/ an OSYC club-wide member contributed potluck. Eat w/the club members downstairs, recount the regatta, hop in the pool, and enjoy some music. Additional shirts will be available for purchase.

SCHEDULE -

Saturday, - approx 10am Skippers meeting, race one starts approx 11am - Race two starting sequence begins TBD by PRO on the island
    Sunday, - approx 10am Skippers meeting, starting sequence approx 11am

SAILING INSTRUCTIONS - Details of the course will be available at the skippers meeting and on the notice board at the club.

SCORING - The low point scoring system will be used. No throw outs.

PRIZES - First second and third for spin and non-spin, and other fun awards at the race committee's discretion. Possible 3d class for portsmouth over 72, 72 and under and open spin.

FURTHER INFO - Contact the OSYC Fleet Captain, Andrew, at fleetcaptain@osyc.com .

Edited by robpatt on Apr 30, 2013 - 12:13 PM.
  • I'm in, Always a GREAT time with Great people!

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • Registered

Who's in http://www.regattanetwork…=6809&custom_report_id=2

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • Rob,

I can't get the video to play icon_frown , what did you guys have to pull it for legal reasons??? icon_biggrin

Next year I am in!!!

Edited by shipchips1 on Apr 30, 2013 - 07:36 PM.

--
    Jim
    New Orleans

'83 H18 SX mods 2013 -
    '65 Lavey Craft 2005 -
    '69 Cal 25 1997 - 2001
    '80 P16 1980 - 1996
    --
  • shipchips1I can't get the video to play

Try this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuhfStrq0o8

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • I'm registered...need one more F18 for a class!!!

--
    Kenny Boudreaux
    2010 C2 F18 USA 323
    Goodall Design "Southern Area Rep"
    Owner of Sailboxes.com
    --
  • In.

--
    Jerome Vaughan
    Hobie 16
    Clinton, Mississippi
    --
  • The winds on the coast have been AWESOME the last few days and should hold... water is still a bit cool and when the land warms into the low 80s a great 10-15 knots from the south builds... I took off work early yesterday and screaming reached all the way to Shaggy's on Biloxi Beach... refueled, let folks take pictures by the boat... and came back... one of those perfect days... water smooth... ah...

Ship Island... here I come.
  • rob, your killing me...i have watched the trees shake here in h-burg for many weeks now...ouch!

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • DAMN I want to go so bad!!!!!!!

--
    Jim
    New Orleans

'83 H18 SX mods 2013 -
    '65 Lavey Craft 2005 -
    '69 Cal 25 1997 - 2001
    '80 P16 1980 - 1996
    --
  • ARRRRrggggghhhhhhh - I'm looking at a new to me beach boat NO Way I can have it ready for Slip - maybe I can have it ready for Hop If not then there is always next year!!

--
    Lee - On the BIG Lake in MS

Harstil Kaulua 31 - Current Project Boat
    Cal 25 - What ? Time to freshen it up again??
    MC Scow 16 (1 in the water and 1 parts/project) SOLD
    Capri 22 - What do you mean you wont deliver it??
    Chrysler Pirateer 13 - new addition to the fleet
    --
  • Going to be a big time!

Help out the organizers by registering online, you don't have to pay, but you can, and also order extra meals and t-shirts so they know what you need.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • I'm in... Coming in Friday night from Little Rock! Reppin' fleet 241 Grande Maumelle Sailing Club, but don't judge everyone there by me and my crew haha.
  • hey RebelBack... I don't know how... I don't know why... but ya'll's little newsletter winds up in my inbox at the club every month... and I enjoy reading it... kinda nice to see what's up at other clubs, how each has its own little sailing community... We're looking forward to having you.. What boat are you on? Ever been on Slip to Ship ? If you need anything, find me or any club worker or sailor.. we'll hook you up. I'm off Friday so I may just be down warming up to the bartenders.
  • Possible to see a fleet of Nacra 20's?

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • Really, a 35.5 foot modified trimaran?

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • Are you scared Ron?

--
    Andrew ~ Nacra F17 #136, Hobie 18M #22
    --
  • rebelbackI'm in... Coming in Friday night from Little Rock! Reppin' fleet 241 Grande Maumelle Sailing Club, but don't judge everyone there by me and my crew haha.

rebelback,

Welcome to TheBeachcats.com! Remember the old days of the Memphis Fleet 134 group visiting Maumelle and you guys coming over for the Broken Mast Regatta at Arkabutla.

Was that you that was at the recent "derelict boats" auction at Arkabutla?

See you at Ocean Springs.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Crew Needed
    -----------------

Crew needed for luxurious Hobie 18 with comfortable bench seats.

Must be cheerful and enthusiastic, realize that the skipper is always right (especially when wrong), and weigh no more than 130 lbs. Less is better.

Perfect candidate is 110 lb adult female national multihull class champion.

Realistic possibility is lightweight youth sailor who pays attention and has passed the OSYC sail training.

Send me PM's with specific suggestions. I'm planning on arriving Wednesday night and setting up Thursday morning to get some practice sailing in, haven't been out on the water yet this year. grrr

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • DamonLinkous
    rebelbackI'm in... Coming in Friday night from Little Rock! Reppin' fleet 241 Grande Maumelle Sailing Club, but don't judge everyone there by me and my crew haha.

rebelback,

Welcome to TheBeachcats.com! Remember the old days of the Memphis Fleet 134 group visiting Maumelle and you guys coming over for the Broken Mast Regatta at Arkabutla.

Was that you that was at the recent "derelict boats" auction at Arkabutla?

See you at Ocean Springs.

Nope wasn't me... Ive only been at the club a little over a year now... trying to grow the fleet there though by getting some other young people involved and setting up some traveling for our group.

But, I sent robpatt a PM already about it, I wont be able to make it to Slip to Ship, and I'm really bumbed because I was hoping to get off the lake sometime soon. My boat just isnt going to be ready, but If you know anyone who is needing a novice-intermediate crew member I would gladly join someone, I've already taken friday off. I see your post looking for one, I weigh about 185 and am not a female or champion so I dont fit your criteria haha.

Go to page 1 - 2 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.