Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Catyak questions  Bottom

• Buying a Catyak for my two children to sail.
    What are the rudders suppose to be made of?
    These are cheap pressed wood plywood. Maybe originals were damaged or missing?
    Also can someone show me photos, diagram or manual of correct rigging for it?
    I am not sure how to rig it or if pieces are missing.

Thanks
  • http://www.thebeachcats.c…ictures/?g2_itemId=48223

...... boah

--
    TurboHobo
    H14T
    H16
    P18
    G-Cat 5.0
    P16
    --
  • tim7Buying a Catyak for my two children to sail.
    What are the rudders suppose to be made of?
    These are cheap pressed wood plywood. Maybe originals were damaged or missing?
    Also can someone show me photos, diagram or manual of correct rigging for it?
    I am not sure how to rig it or if pieces are missing.

Thanks

Tim7, Welcome to TheBeachcats.com. Please share any information you come up with about your CatYak. The link Turbo shared is all the pictures we have here. It would be great to find any sales literature or manuals for the little boat.

You can add pictures of your boat in that album by creating your own album inside it and posting links here. Also check my signature for instructions on using the albums and posting pictures.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • While I'm certain you already know this by now, the original rudders would have been made of aluminum. I sailed one of these for my entire childhood in to my teen years and can remember almost every piece. I actually found this forum while looking for a replacement trampoline for mine now that my children are just old enough to maybe start trying it themselves. Going to pull it out of the overhead storage in our garage at our cottage to see what needs repaired/replaced this weekend. It is even pretty likely that we have the original instructions somewhere around the cottage since we've had it since it was new.
  • jasendorfIt is even pretty likely that we have the original instructions somewhere around the cottage since we've had it since it was new.

jasendorf, Welcome to TheBeachcats.com, glad you found us.

I would be great if you could find the original instruction manuals for the boat, I try to collect as much documentation for these "extinct" cats as I can.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • We had one when i was a kid. It was pretty slow but very fun in strong wind. Rudders were made of decent plywood, with a nice marine varnish and beveled edges. Consider to add shrouds, a decent line is enough, tied to the frame and top of the mast.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.