With great remorse I have consigned my Fx-One to Lynn Sailboats for sale. Please contact them for further details (713 644-8161).
The FX One can be setup as a uni-rigged single-hander or sailed 2-up. It’s a pure sailing machine with wave piercing bows and a generous sail plan. It has the self-tacking jib option and the spinnaker kit with mid-pole snuffer, 2 sets of sails, trailer with toy box, beach dolly/wheels, wings, and righting system.
This a very cool, fast boat with lots of extras.
1) 2003 Hobie Fx-One, white hulls, in great shape, current registration
2) Trailer with 4 hull cradles, tongue box; Hobie toy box for sails, rudders, etc.; poly deck on trailer (good tie down storage, seating area, etc.), stainless rear mast support
3) Trampoline in great shape (kept under cover)
4) Two main sails
- Yellow - 'practice sail; upper 1/3 has some repairs primarily near batten pockets)
- Black / Smoke - pristine, like new unused condition
5) Two spinnakers
- Yellow - older 'practice sail'
- Yellow - pristine, like new unused condition
6) Two mid-pole spinnaker stuffers
- Original Hobie 'trumpet" stuffer
- New, unused Barefoot Studios "SNU" stuffer
7) Self tacking jib (sail & traveler)
8) Centerboards have been professionally redone - like new, no nicks - have never been in water since refreshed
9) Covers for centerboards and rudders
10) 'Wing' kit - brand new, never used (needs assembly)
11) Power Righting System - brand new, never used (needs assembly); includes a carbon windsurf mast which can be cut down and used for righting system
12) Harken mainsheet system
13) Harness and Lifejacket ( XL)
14) Beach Dolly / Wheels - unused, includes pull handle kit (handle needs assembly)
15) New Shrouds and Forestay - never used (old wires included as spares - one shroud in 'spares' is frayed and should never be used, spare single forestay for use with bridle, pair of spare forestays for use without bridle if desired (not for use with jib or spinnaker)
16) Many miscellaneous spares and small parts included
17) Notebook of manuals and guides included (assembly, tuning, parts, righting system, wing assembly, etc.)
Good point. Done! I posted the information on the 'good deals' section as I am not selling the boat myself, but have consigned it for sale and was just posting to alert folks. Thanks for pointing out my omission. I am indeed happy to support this great site and have now also purchased an ad in the classified section and will direct any responses to the consigner.