Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Prindle 19 rigging help please!  Bottom

• Hello- I am in need of help rigging my P-19 I just bought. I am a novice sailor and unfamiliar with the complexity of this rigging ( particularly the 4-way jib system) I would be greatful if anyone has skype capabilities and could possibly walk me thru the process via video connection. If this is not possible maybe someone knows of an instructional video. I already have the manual from performance cat, but I'm still stumped. Thank you all for any help. This is a great site and am glad to be a new member. By the way, I live in Michigan on lake fenton if anyone wants to come out for a sail and show me the "ropes"
  • Try rigging the lines, shock cord and wire on top of the pocket so you can see what it looks like. Then rig it inside the pocket. If that does not help we can set up a time to call.
    Elias
  • 4way systems are a little complex.. but not rocket science...

i would suggest you take your cat to a local cat shop. they can show you much easier than me creating a video.. or wiring my laptop to work in the boat parkinglot...
  • Is anyone located near fenton, MI? would love to meet with you to get some help on this rigging. I could even trailer it to you for help.

Thanks,
    PrindleDarve
    Lake Fenton, MI
    P-19
  • Dave,

The Prindle dealer for the state of Michigan is located just north of you in Saginaw (The Cat House - 5130 N. Orr Rd, Freeland, MI which is west on Titabawasee off the north/south highway). I have talked to Mark and ordered parts from him for my 1975 Prindle 16. He knows his stuff and is not too far from you. Check out his web site: www.cathouse1.com.

Jack Mueller
    Prindle 16
    Muskegon, MI
  • Thank you all, especially Jack I got resourced to a local club and got it rigged properly. Went out for my maiden on thursday and had an absolute blast! Very fast and powerful boat, I am super pleased. Also thanks to Ed for selling me the cat.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.