Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

SolCat 18 (HELP)  Bottom

• Hi, am wondering if anyone out there knows what the leech,luff,and foot would be for the main and the jib on a '76 SolCat18.Thank ya.
  • Come on someones got to know the dimensions.
  • I will take the dimensions of my solcat 18's sails this weekend, are you looking for a set of sails?

--
    Jeff O
    N5.0
    solcat 18(sold),
    N5.2,
    H16
    Camarillo CA
    --
  • If you are looking for a set of sails, I have had Solcat 18, Prindle 18 and Hobie 18 sails at the same time and they are interchangeable. The Solcat had battens in the jib, and I think it was a little shorter in the foot as the P18 and H18 have overlapping jibs. If your jib control blocks are on the beam, I think you might have clearance problems with the other sails..
  • ohmsjI will take the dimensions of my solcat 18's sails this weekend, are you looking for a set of sails?

Thanks that would be great ,yes i'am looking for a matched set colors that is.Thank you.
    DanBergerIf you are looking for a set of sails, I have had Solcat 18, Prindle 18 and Hobie 18 sails at the same time and they are interchangeable. The Solcat had battens in the jib, and I think it was a little shorter in the foot as the P18 and H18 have overlapping jibs. If your jib control blocks are on the beam, I think you might have clearance problems with the other sails..

Thanks so much that nice to know about the other 18's and when you say that the jibs are overlapping what do you mean by that.Thanks for the input.
  • OK, I measured my sails and came up with the following.

MAIN
    Luff: 23?2? Foot: 8?4? Leach: 26?

JIB
    Luff: 15?9? Foot: 5?2? Leach: 15?4

Keep in mind if you are using sails other then a set for a solcat 18 these measurements may vary and the sails would still work. And even if you get a set of sail for the Solcat they still may very a little. Let me know if you are still looking for a set of Solcat sails.
    send me as e-mail if you have any questions about your boat.
    good luck

--
    Jeff O
    N5.0
    solcat 18(sold),
    N5.2,
    H16
    Camarillo CA
    --
  • hummmm? not sure way the questions marks? it should have read in feet & inches 23ft-2in ... oh well.

--
    Jeff O
    N5.0
    solcat 18(sold),
    N5.2,
    H16
    Camarillo CA
    --
  • Thanks so much very appreciated.
  • I am curious about your sol cat 18 sails. If I wanted to buy them, would you charge me both, my arm and a leg....? icon_smile I have a usable set; however, I intend to use them like a border-town hooker over the summer, so they're on borrowed time already....

Thanks,
    Lance.
  • There is NOTHING better than new, crisp sails that aren't stretched. They are faster, point higher, more responsive... and LOUD! (crunch, crinkle, crackle)

you can talk to chip from whirl wind sails (he advertises here) to get an idea of what new ones cost...

He is very fair and provided me with lots of options ...

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.