Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Hobie 18 Top  Bottom

• My H18 has a soft spots on both hulls where one would normally sit. Any ideas on how to firm up? I have read about drilling holes, and filling with Get Rot. Has anyone had good success doing that or is there a better way?

--
    Mike Jenkins
    1989 H18
    Lexington, SC
    --
  • injecting resin is the "standard" way to handle the soft spots. You can contact a pro for advice or repair. I allways send people to jeremy@surfcitycatamarans.com
    Homepage: http://www.surfcitycatamarans.com
  • I found injecting did not work as the injection fell into the hull. The holes drilled were done proper. Soooooo. I am stubborn and want to get it right...flipped the hulls upside down and did an inverted injection to the soft spots and taped them so the epoxy would not drip out. It worked very nicely and the soft spots are very firm and solid with very little weight added to the hulls. This is the work of no Lubber ;)

--
    Mike Jenkins
    1989 H18
    Lexington, SC
    --
  • mh_jenkinsI found injecting did not work as the injection fell into the hull. The holes drilled were done proper. Soooooo. I am stubborn and want to get it right...flipped the hulls upside down and did an inverted injection to the soft spots and taped them so the epoxy would not drip out. It worked very nicely and the soft spots are very firm and solid with very little weight added to the hulls. This is the work of no Lubber ;)

I am a newbie, but I injected it myself and as long as you don't drill through the second layer of fiberglass the Get-Rot will push itself out the air holes that you drill. You then tap over the air holes and it will push a little further back. I had great sucess with it! This is my first season of Cat sailing and I have fallen in love with my boat!

Dave

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.