Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Do I need a permit to leave my Hobie on the beach ?  Bottom

• Hi there,
    I've just returned from a weekend in Naples and saw some Cats "parked" on the beach.... very convenient !! Where can I get permits for that ? How much would they cost ? Are there specific "parking" spots in the Miami Beach - Key biscayne area ?
    Thank you !
    Mark
  • Over here on the west coast of Florida, I have seen cats on the beach but usually behind the house that the person owns. Additionally, most cats I have seen on the beach have damaged and cut tramps. People just have to destroy.

Leave it at your own risk.
  • most places do not allow overnight beach parking. Many yacht clubs do (for members). you would have to check with the local police, but even then they don't always know or provide the truth.

We currently are not forbidden to leave our cats on the beach, but we had cops drive up and down the beach last summer saying they would tow us if we did. We had a cop ask the town lawyer to draft up new laws that forbid us from leaving our cats on the beach, but we spoke with the town attorney and cop and they have shelved that (for now).

As Deepsees said... even if you can, you do so at a risk. We have had people's boats pushed in the gulf and found them floating miles away (with wheels still under it).

We also are VERY prone to storms in the summer and have gotten calls that our boats were upside down and on top of each other ($$$)

Around here, people like to sit and stand on cats left at the beach. We also find condoms and empty beers on/in and around our cats often.
  • Unless you can find a sailing beach/club that provides sand spaces or a municipality that allows beach storage for a fee you are asking for trouble. The boats you refer to at Naples are owned by the houses lining the beach and most are in terrible shape. Salt is a killer.

When my buddies and I used to vacation at Cape Cod with our cats, we made a deal with the folks who owned the houses on a particular beach. They were cool with us leaving them there as long as we behaved ourselves and taped the hailyards at night.

My fellow sailors and I realize how lucky we are to have our North Shore Chicagoland sailing beach on Lake Mi. with lots of support and realtively good storage security. It aint common and one reason why this east coast native will never move!

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.