Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Alpha Cat info  Bottom

• I need help finding infomation. I just bought an Alpha Cat 15 and have not been able to find any infomation on them.
  • bump.....any info will help

here are some pictures

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll116/eep-eep96/IMG_0249.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll116/eep-eep96/IMG_0221.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll116/eep-eep96/IMG_0227.jpg
  • Good pics.

No one has Alpha Cat info? I know one of you has the assembly manuals in a drawer. Heck, the original Alpha Cat dealers are probably here, icon_lol please speak up!

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • now that's a strange one... I thought they only came as 18's. what's the beam? If it's what I think it is it should be near 8'
    I might have as much info as anyone if it's the boat I think it is.
    You are looking at something akin to a Nacra 5.2 - use that for all assembly/care-and-feeding info and you won't be wrong.
    It was a Tom Roland design, predecessor to the Nacra line, built by the same folks (called pacific coast cats then?) around 1972-76.
    But again, I thought they only made the 18, which had a massive 10' beam.
  • The rudders, cross bars and mast look a lot like nacra parts. Do you have an Hull ID number on the boat, if so post the number and I will try and do a little research.
  • I just (minutes ago) had a chat and look-see with a fellow that has an Alpha 16' for sale here in Sacramento area. His was a dealer demo, he's the first 'real' owner. Says the dealer said it had an 18 rig - I'm thinking not so much... Measured mast at 26'0", good for a pretty standard 24'6" Luff main for a typical 16' beach cat.

- the hulls are 'micro' compared to my 18, but that is to be expected - The major diferences are typical of Alpha vs. Nacra, plus one I hadn't seen yet -
    those diffs:
    "butterknife" bow entry instead of vertical, and the 16' was pretty narrow compared to the 18'
    non-seamless molding from upper (deck) to main hull structure - this is where his was even more different - the 16 has a rolled lip/flange like a Holder 12 where the 18 is a turn and join ala Nacra 5.2
    8' beam vs class 7'6" (I think?) of later boats. We're back to 8' again, at least on contemporary boats.

The daggerboards are set quite far back on the hull, I'm not certain what that was about, I'm certain tacking must be a b**ch - the 18 seems more 'balanced' and percentage-wise further forward
    The 16 daggers are mildly tapered and may be a touch smaller than the 18, so may not be a direct exchange for the Nacra.
    The rudders are Alpha/Nacra, with cross bar differences (Which occurred even between years)
    All of the regular hardware was straight up Nacra 5.2, though I'll need to roll out the sails to get more on that end.
    There were (I haven't looked recently) downloads for the Nacra 5.2 manual through Murray's, but if you don't find one, send me a note and I'll attach it via regular email.

-oh yeah, for some reason I think I'll be the next owner of the one I went to see. I must be...
  • icon_eek
  • Sorry it took me so long to reply. I had all but given up on this post.

nyniaanWhat's the beam? If it's what I think it is it should be near 8'

Yes the beam is 8'

HULLFLYERDo you have an Hull ID number on the boat,

I have not seen one, but I will look for one.

nyniaanthe 16 has a rolled lip/flange like a Holder 12

the 15 as the rolled lip/flange as well
  • old nacra manual for 5.2 was here on the site somewhere, just looked but couldn't find it in the download section

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.