Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

water stain protection  Bottom

• Has anyone found a product that can be put on the hulls to make it easier to remove water staining?

Thanks
  • I don’t know how to prevent it, but muriatic acid is good to remove it.
  • gdogHas anyone found a product that can be put on the hulls to make it easier to remove water staining?

Thanks

staining is usually from pollutants in the water (oils). gelcoat is porous and over time the ability to repel pollutants is reduced. so the best "protection" is removal with some type of stain remover (acid), even toilet cleaner like sno-bol works well. then wax to seal up the gelcoat and reduce the staining ... but nothing is gonna prevent it.

I used to really like New-glass 2 to seal up the gelcoat. there are others that work well too but i loved the mirror like results
  • Slimy Grimy is the easiest product I have found to remove the brown stain that comes from dirty lake water.

--
    Bill 404 21SE
    --
  • To remove the stains, I use FSR by Davis. I believe I used a Sail Brite product on my J80, but not sure the name. I can recognize the bottle. Using Rejex works very well to prevent the staining.

--
    Scott

Prindle Fleet 2
    TCDYC

Prindle 18-2 Mod "FrankenKitty"
    Tornado Classic "Fast Furniture"
    Prindle 19 "Mr. Wiggly"
    Nacra 5.8 "De ja vu"
    Nacra 5.0
    Nacra 5.8
    Tornadoes (Reg White)
    --
  • Thanks for all the info. My boat is currently very white, and I am looking to keep it that way. Never heard of Rejex, but after looking it up I think I will give it a try. I have used corrosionx from the same company on aircraft and it is a highly recommended product.
  • Our boats occasionally get brown “tea stains” from sailing in bay water. I find that one or two coats of wax generally prevents any staining. Then when you go for a sail, you can see all the spots you missed….

sm

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.