Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

G-Cat 5.0 technical info help needed  Bottom

• Just picked up a "barn find" of a VERY good G-Cat 5.0.
    Spent some time going through it and doing a first cleaning and I am pretty sure the only thing(s) missing are the front and rear trampolines (which I can buy new) and what might be boltrope extrusions on the port and starboard sides.
    There are holes along the hull sides in the lip (upper inner hulls) that I assume are used to attach the trampolines, but not sure exactly how.
    This site has a great older scan of the assembly manual & parts list (thank you to this site - continues to assist me in my Cat needs), but I cannot tell exactly how the tramp is installed on the sides.
    Does anyone have knowledge of how to install? Do the tramp lines go through the holes in the fiberglass or is there other hardware or extrusions that are used here?
    Thanks, in advance, for your knowledge & help.
    BTW, just posted a fiberglass cat trailer box in the general classifieds here as I only need one trailer and box.

--
    Supercat 15
    Windrider 17
    Several Sunfish and Sunfish clones
    Ratboat built from Zuma and Sunfish parts
    Shallow water sailor in the Delaware Bay
    --
  • I sent you an email about your box for sale. Wondering where you are located.

--
    Pete
    2001 NACRA 450 SOLD
    2000 NACRA 500 TOTAL LOSS
    2004 NACRA INTER 20 SOLD
    2016 NACRA 500 Sport
    DeLand, FL
    --
  • Pete
    I am in 19963 - Milford, DE

--
    Supercat 15
    Windrider 17
    --
  • Both front and rear tramps have one bolt rope each that fit in tracks in the front and rear beams. All those holes are for lacing. Each tramp is laced on three sides using 3/16ths line. Start at the front and rear corners with two separate pieces for each tramp. There are variations but the most important thing is to get it tight, real tight. New tramps and new lacing will need to be retightened several times. Sunrise Yacht Products in St Pete makes them at a reasonable cost and might even have some in stock. Consider large storage pockets on the front tramp. There are some drawbacks to sailing with a front tramp and many advantages, but like everything else with boats, everything is a tradeoff. Yor best bet is to find someone actively sailing a 5.0 and see how it's rigged.

--
    Bill Townsend
    G-Cat 5.0
    Sarasota
    --
  • Shortyfox,
    Thanks so much for the speedy reply and for the knowledge.
    I was hoping that this didn't take another set of parts or pieces or "tracks".
    Also appreciate the Sunrise Yacht Products lead.
    This is a huge assist.

--
    Supercat 15
    Windrider 17
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.