Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Sourcing Mystere Replacement Trampoline  Bottom

• Hey All,

I have been reviving a 1997 Mystere 6.0 and the trampoline is pretty worn out. Any tips for how to bring it back to life or, if that isn't going to happen, where to get a new one?

James
  • jgregsHey All,

I have been reviving a 1997 Mystere 6.0 and the trampoline is pretty worn out. Any tips for how to bring it back to life or, if that isn't going to happen, where to get a new one?

James

Depending on the condition of the material itself, you can get it restitched. Typically, you can do 2 to 3 restitchings with a life of a trampoline. I have trampolines for two different boats that are from (at least) the 80's. I restitched them a couple of years ago. What ever you do, do not use Armor All on the trampoline to make it pretty....

but, for replacement, I use C&C Sailmakers in Houston.

--
    Scott

Prindle Fleet 2
    TCDYC

Prindle 18-2 Mod "FrankenKitty"
    Tornado Classic "Fast Furniture"
    Prindle 19 "Mr. Wiggly"
    Nacra 5.8 "De ja vu"
    Nacra 5.0
    Nacra 5.8
    Tornadoes (Reg White)
    --
  • some can be restitched but think about this
    if you fall through your tramp while stepping or unstepping your mast, try not to break both ankles/feet/legs at the same time on the trailer below - as it will make getting around much harder

I recommend SunriseYacht (https://multihullnets.com/) for mystere tramps - mystere tramps have crazy small bolt ropes and the builder needs to be able to handle this - SLO sail and canvas FAILED BIG TIME - they could not make it and failed to return the tramp i sent them as a template - i strongly suggest you steer away from them
  • MN3some can be restitched but think about this
    if you fall through your tramp while stepping or unstepping your mast, try not to break both ankles/feet/legs at the same time on the trailer below - as it will make getting around much harder

I recommend SunriseYacht (https://multihullnets.com/) for mystere tramps - mystere tramps have crazy small bolt ropes and the builder needs to be able to handle this - SLO sail and canvas FAILED BIG TIME - they could not make it and failed to return the tramp i sent them as a template - i strongly suggest you steer away from them

Understand and agree fully on the smaller bolt rope. My Tornado tramps use (I think) a 4mm bolt rope. I hate to hear of misfortunes with anyone in the marine industry, but it happens.

--
    Scott

Prindle Fleet 2
    TCDYC

Prindle 18-2 Mod "FrankenKitty"
    Tornado Classic "Fast Furniture"
    Prindle 19 "Mr. Wiggly"
    Nacra 5.8 "De ja vu"
    Nacra 5.0
    Nacra 5.8
    Tornadoes (Reg White)
    --
  • I’m not sure all the Mysteres used the small bolt rope.
    I ripped my 6.0XL, (in the 10’ wide configuration), & while speaking with Yves Sansoucy, regarding replacement, he specifically asked about the bolt rope size I had.
    He mailed me a brand new tramp,within the week.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • the material seems dry but isn't fraying. When should I replace it?
  • jgregsthe material seems dry but isn't fraying. When should I replace it?

If you can see "runs" in it like a stocking
    if you can use a fingernail and break a string that is used to sew it together
    if it has rips in it that aren't patched that are growing or ripping
    when you can put a foot through it without trying
  • MN3
    jgregsthe material seems dry but isn't fraying. When should I replace it?

If you can see "runs" in it like a stocking
    if you can use a fingernail and break a string that is used to sew it together
    if it has rips in it that aren't patched that are growing or ripping
    when you can put a foot through it without trying

HAHA That last one made me laugh. I don't meet any of the above conditions. I know not to use ArmorAll but is there a product your recommend for softening it up? Might help to stretch it tight again too
  • Quote is there a product your recommend for softening it up? Might help to stretch it tight again too

not that i am aware of
    modern tramps are made from Polypropylen - think your grocery/garbage bag
    not a lot you can do to soften this stuff up besides heat
  • Well, it happened. I was stepping the mast for a maiden voyage and the seams began to rip.

Now I get to replace this piece as well. . . .

Eventually I will get to sail this boat. . . .
  • Been there, done that last summer. The Thread rots faster than the mesh, unless you use ptfe thread. I've re-sewn a tramp twice before the mesh started to rot. If the propylene mesh is solid, you can get the tramp re-sewn to last for a season or 2. If the tramp mesh is tearing, it's done.

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --
  • QuoteWell, it happened. I was stepping the mast for a maiden voyage and the seams began to rip.

Order your new one asap - it is busy season for the guys who make them

will again suggest sunrise - or call mystere in canada. dollar is pretty strong right now and you may get a good value (1.37)... however, you may also have your order held up in customs for weeks... months
  • One thing I didn't do when ordering a new tramp from Sunrise Yacht Products that I wish I had done was give any consideration to custom additions. For example, a large built in storage bag that spans the width of the tramp or some halyard pockets.

--
    Bill Townsend
    G-Cat 5.0
    Sarasota
    --
  • shortyfoxOne thing I didn't do when ordering a new tramp from Sunrise Yacht Products that I wish I had done was give any consideration to custom additions. For example, a large built in storage bag that spans the width of the tramp or some halyard pockets.

do you have the front tramp on your g-cat? I am guessing not. you can always get a pocket added to any tramp but it is a pain to remove it and be without it for a week or so

the mystere templates they use have a front tramp pocket for the halyard and a rear tramp pocket that goes the entire width in the stern - we call those leaf catchers and I asked them to not include that in my last few tramps - but i did always order and extra wide front pocket

an extra grommet for a spin retrieval line was a good addition
  • Quotedo you have the front tramp on your g-cat?

I do have a front tramp but I'm not using it. I sail mostly alone, and I feel more in control without it, especially when it gets too windy. The pros and cons of front tramps are many and could be an interesting thread.

--
    Bill Townsend
    G-Cat 5.0
    Sarasota
    --
  • shortyfox
    Quotedo you have the front tramp on your g-cat?

I do have a front tramp but I'm not using it. I sail mostly alone, and I feel more in control without it, especially when it gets too windy. The pros and cons of front tramps are many and could be an interesting thread.

agreed

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.