Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Troll  Bottom

• Do what ever you want but it would be nice if we could ...

try to be nice and patient to new sailors (old and dumb sailors too), and not beat them up because they have overlooked some of the steps involved. even if it is in a manual.

there are a billion moving parts to our cats, and it can be overwhelming and/or hard to remember them all. I know i have forgotten stuff (like a jib sail at home, or boom, or how i rigged my spin after a season away, or which rudder is for port, etc.)

MANY people buy beach cats and realize it's too complex and not worth it, and just don't give it enough effort.

So as Santa would say,
    "Be nice! "

Edited by MN3 on Nov 05, 2021 - 02:15 PM.
  • Touche' - from someone that is also a relative "newbie" (just 3 or so years) - I appreciate the grace as I am constantly humbled by how much I don't know. I'm just now learning what I don't know, whereas before I didn't even know that...

Still - it's fun, and I enjoy the learning and ancillary parts of sailing as much as the too seldom times i actually get to.

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --
  • charlescarlis
    Still - it's fun, and I enjoy the learning and ancillary parts of sailing as much as the too seldom times i actually get to.

I was the same way 22 years ago when i got my h16
    I couldn't get enough sailing, forums, movies, books, sailor talk around a fire, or bar, or jail cell (Kidding on that one)
  • I got my first cat, a Sea Spray 15 in 1980 and since then I've sailed a good many of the so called "legacy boats" and learned a lot of things the hard way. The point I'm getting to is that no matter how many years of experience one has, there's always a way to do things easier and more efficiently. It's part of the fun.

--
    Bill Townsend
    G-Cat 5.0
    Sarasota
    --

Edited by carbonc on Nov 06, 2021 - 08:49 PM.
  • MN3Do what ever you want but it would be nice if we could ...

Ummmm... I was busy elsewhere for a couple of days... did I miss something that elicited this response?

--
    Southern Alberta and all over the damn place.
    1981 SuperCat 20 "Roberts' Rockets"
    1983 SuperCat 19
    TriFoiler #23 "Unfair Advantage"
    Mystere 17
    Unicorn A-Class (probably made by Trowbridge) that I couldn't resist rescuing at auction.
    H18 & Zygal (classic) Tornado - stolen and destroyed - very unpleasant story.
    Invitation and Mistral and Sunflower and windsurfers w/ Harken hydrofoils and god knows what else...
    --
  • Quote did I miss something

There’s a user that frequently requests help solving a problem that’s addressed in the manual for their boat. The forum has repeatedly offered them help but they keep ignoring the advice but coming back for more help. I think it’s wearing thin on a few.
  • Regardless of subject, every forum's got a couple.

--
    Southern Alberta and all over the damn place.
    1981 SuperCat 20 "Roberts' Rockets"
    1983 SuperCat 19
    TriFoiler #23 "Unfair Advantage"
    Mystere 17
    Unicorn A-Class (probably made by Trowbridge) that I couldn't resist rescuing at auction.
    H18 & Zygal (classic) Tornado - stolen and destroyed - very unpleasant story.
    Invitation and Mistral and Sunflower and windsurfers w/ Harken hydrofoils and god knows what else...
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.