Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Prindle 16 rudder up/down line replacement thoughts  Bottom

• Hi all,
    I have a '93 P-16 I picked up for $260 last summer with trailer. Replaced all standing rigging, double trap lines, ex up trap hookups, sails look beautiful, have sailed quite a lot. Have been doing a lot of research and reading since I purchased but still many unanswered questions. I'll start with a few:
    Rudder up/down control lines-Do you think 3mm dynema will work with the rudder rollers for reducing friction with less stretch for raising/lowering the rudders or is it too thin? Murray's has a dyneema tramp kit that seems a lot cheaper than buying dynema by itself. I just think the dyneema is bullet proof and could be a good long term solution. Thought on the diameter and use of this?
    Rudder crossbar bolts-replacing mine, one was came apart sailing but want to find a better way to rig this system. Mine has an old half round spacer but looks like originally Prindle may have just used a plastic washer. Murray's has parts but the descriptions are inadequate even for stock stuff. Not sure what spacers are needed etc. Have read thru every manual I can find and searched many forums. Considering using a hex head bolt to avail having to stick a screwdriver or driver socket into the hole to tighten bottom nut. Also have seen that Hobie has a "quick release" system out to replace their bolts for ther crossbar...wondering if there is something out there similar for the Prindle or if the Hobie version can be somehow adapted to the P-16. Would make rudder adjustments a snap.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.