Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Catamaran conversion to solar/electric  Bottom

• There was a thread a few months ago asking about converting a catamaran to solar and electric power.

I just ran across this example:

https://www.youtube.com/w…gonnfHzJDM&feature=share

It is kind of short on technical details but looks very well done.

Brad in Jacksonville, FL
    Stiletto 27 x2 (one for sale soon)
  • Dude! That is a pontoon boat.

--
    Tom
    NACRA 5.7 (1984 Sail 181)
    Pennsylvania
    --
  • tominpaDude! That is a pontoon boat.

I think Brad recognizes a pretty cool base platform, since he owns them. The Stiletto. prost

--
    Philip
    --
  • P.M.
    tominpaDude! That is a pontoon boat.

I think Brad recognizes a pretty cool base platform, since he owns them. The Stiletto. prost

hahah!
  • neat boat and idea and probably amazing in natural settings (no rigging clanging or engines running)
    but ...

"Meet STEVI (Solar Technology Electric Vessel Innovation)! This solar powered seacraft was developed in order to create a vessel that was environmentally friendly and also produced zero-emissions."

how many "emissions" were spent in the creation of the boat, panels, lithium batteries, torquidos, and how many sqare emission feet will all this use in a landfill, (where did they put the mast and sails? :) ) and how long until it "biodegrades"?

The mission should read
    "to spend a ton of money on a fun boat that is quiet that my dog really likes and will be in a landfill or bottom of a body of water until our great great great great great grad kids have great great great great grand kids of their own "

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.