Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Is the BC forum hacked??  Bottom

• I get weird pages showing up when getting on this site. I could back click to get here. This was on an android.

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --
  • I think that is an annoying pop up ad. Just hit the back button and try again.

--
    Bryan in Poplar Grove, IL
    Supercat 17, unknown year. Future project
    Hobie 16, 1977 - died a spectacular death https://youtu.be/Y7O22bp2MVA
    Hobie 16, 1978 - current boat
    --
  • ctcatamanI get weird pages showing up when getting on this site. I could back click to get here. This was on an android.

John the site is clean, and sorry about the issue. Sometimes on mobile unfortunately a full screen ad seems to block the site. I believe the problem is caused by the fact the site is not completely "mobile friendly" so the ad doesn't adjust size correctly.

I'll keep working on the problem but in the meantime if you see an ad like that (ironically they are usually for some kind of "cleaner" or "ad blocker") just close the browser window or tab and try again.

Maybe next year I'll finally find a way to completely rebuild the site and move to more modern software. icon_cool

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • DamonLinkous
    ctcatamanI get weird pages showing up when getting on this site. I could back click to get here. This was on an android.

John the site is clean, and sorry about the issue. Sometimes on mobile unfortunately a full screen ad seems to block the site. I believe the problem is caused by the fact the site is not completely "mobile friendly" so the ad doesn't adjust size correctly.

I'll keep working on the problem but in the meantime if you see an ad like that (ironically they are usually for some kind of "cleaner" or "ad blocker") just close the browser window or tab and try again.

Maybe next year I'll finally find a way to completely rebuild the site and move to more modern software. icon_cool

How do we know this is really Damon and HE hasn't been "hacked"?
  • Simple, if Damon starts posting about Day Sailers or other monos, we will know its been hacked. icon_wink

Seriously, Damon its good to know whats going on.

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --
  • It appears that are ads that pop up in the middle of posts. I see them on the laptop.

--
    Scott

Prindle Fleet 2
    TCDYC

Prindle 18-2 Mod "FrankenKitty"
    Tornado Classic "Fast Furniture"
    Prindle 19 "Mr. Wiggly"
    Nacra 5.8 "De ja vu"
    Nacra 5.0
    Nacra 5.8
    Tornadoes (Reg White)
    --
  • It tis, it tis. Has been for a while. While accessing this website on iphone I get a reroute to some hot dating place or a notice my phone has been compromised. Never get it on the mac or other websites using iphone.
  • mark-bIt tis, it tis. Has been for a while. While accessing this website on iphone I get a reroute to some hot dating place or a notice my phone has been compromised. Never get it on the mac or other websites using iphone.

It's not, unfortunately the full screen security ad you've seen (I've seen it too) is too intrusive.

So I've turned off "auto ads" in Google AdSense, I believe that is the source. It will take a day or two for everyone to get the change due to caching.

I've run quite a few scans of the website code since this first came up and they all come up clean. Sorry for the annoying ad, hopefully it will be gone soon.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • mark-bIt tis, it tis. Has been for a while. While accessing this website on iphone I get a reroute to some hot dating place or a notice my phone has been compromised. Never get it on the mac or other websites using iphone.

"a notice my phone has been compromised"
    I have seen this too and never on my desktop device

Edited by MN3 on Dec 31, 2020 - 09:44 AM.
  • Still going on. I just got some kind of "you won this prize" type of thing when I just now got on here. Android by the way.

Edited by martyr on Jan 16, 2021 - 08:26 PM.

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --
  • I now get it on Mac. Have to browse private with no cookies. And don’t get it. Someone sold their soul for a few shekals.
  • It seems to be getting worse on my Android phone. I think I'll stick to browsing the site on Ubuntu and not use the phone anymore.

When ads come up that claim your motorola phone is infected, click this link now, that is no good.

--
    Bryan in Poplar Grove, IL
    Supercat 17, unknown year. Future project
    Hobie 16, 1977 - died a spectacular death https://youtu.be/Y7O22bp2MVA
    Hobie 16, 1978 - current boat
    --
  • I get a YOU NEED TO UPDATE YOUR FLASH page (not at the beachcats.com - i am directed to another site)

Flash was officially retired last month - of course my flash plugin is out of date

Edited by MN3 on Feb 01, 2021 - 02:57 PM.
  • No joke. I just typed thebeachcats.com on my webbrowser, it got redirected to yahoo.com. Some ad is sneaking in malicious JS, or the server is hacked.

Forum admins. feel free to PM me for help, this is right up my alley.
  • Now getting error pages when i click the logo (to go back to the home page)
    this is the url that is coming up
    https://operateuber-theoriginalfile.best/PPBsJRYuxYH0TgD99Z6orKUyfHX9plpK2rkKIMmgAS0?clck=601bf5da29bf990001671af1&sub1={pid}_{sub1}
  • I just clicked the link to go to this topic and got sent to a spam site

--
    Tim
    Collierville (Memphis), TN
    Supercat 15--sold :(
    Hobie monocat--given
    Vanguard 15--traded for...
    Nacra 4.5--sold
    Nacra 5.7
    Hobie 14–sold to make room for...
    Supercat 17–sold
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.