Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nags Head, NC  Bottom

• Hi everyone,

The town of Nags Head is considering some improvements to make their sound access better for catamaran storage and sailing. This includes cradles. The idea is to make the site friendly for locals and visitors. We have great water here and no shortage of wind. I'm curious if any of you would be likely to use the spot. If so please respond and include where you are from and what boat you use.

Thank You,
    Robert Netsch
    Nags Head, NC

--
    Robert Netsch
    Nags Head, NC
    --
  • It's been quite sometime since I've made the trek to the OBX and can be usually found on the SOBX Crystal Coast sailing out to Cape Lookout on a Hobie 16, living out of Raleigh.

Actually headed this weekend to Captn' Bill's in Powells Point to pick up a set of hulls to "franken-boat" a 16 together in order to sell it.

With launch sites disappearing it's nice to know that Cat Sailors are being welcomed and enticed to head your way.
  • I've got a Prindle 19 and a Hobie I'd sail from there, coming from northern Virginia.
  • @topcat16 - oh yeah no shortage of parts at Captn Bills...Franken-boats are extra cool. @bcdd97 - sounds good

--
    Robert Netsch
    Nags Head, NC
    --
  • I'm based in Greensboro, NC sailing a Nacra 5.0. For some reason I can't explain I've never visited Nags Head. I know it's a great place to sail. I would take advantage of a welcoming launch arrangement perhaps several times per season. Please keep us informed with details/photos etc.. Maybe organize a regatta, opportunity for local businesses.

Edited by leeboweffect on Mar 14, 2020 - 12:15 PM.

--
    Hobie 16 (3 formerly)
    MacGregor 25 (formerly)
    Chrysler Dagger 14 (formerly)
    NACRA 5.0 (currently)
    High Point, NC
    --
  • If you're going there, stay here.
    https://cypressmooninn.com/wpp/
    Cat friendly.

--
    '82 Super Cat 15
    Hull #315
    Virginia
    Previously owned: '70 H14, '79 H16, '68 Sailmaster 26, '85 H14T
    --
  • Yes, James Looby Saratoga NY w/Hobie 17
    Thank you as I have been mapping out areas.
    James
  • thank you for the responses, anyone else?

--
    Robert Netsch
    Nags Head, NC
    --
  • P-19 from Williamsburg, VA. Usually stay after Labor Day and launch And store boat for the week at Harvey Public Sound Access near Kittyhawk Watersports. It’s an ok launch site kinda tucked off away.

--
    Todd

Virginia
    --
  • @tstein...that is the location the town is looking to improve. Thanks for the response, hopefully we'll be back open around here well before then. (OBX is in pseudo lock down currently for the covid-19 bug).

--
    Robert Netsch
    Nags Head, NC
    --
  • Thanks for your efforts to improve the location for beach cats. The site has a lot of positives and I’ve been using it for several years. It’s a decent location And offers some amenities like shade and viewing. Can’t recall if there’s a fresh water hose - that would be the bee’s knees!

--
    Todd

Virginia
    --
  • Yes Todd, there is a hose and bathrooms too.

--
    Robert Netsch
    Nags Head, NC
    --
  • FYI - The cradles are built and ready for action. Call the Town Of Nags Head 252-449-2021 for details regarding usage.

--
    Robert Netsch
    Nags Head, NC
    --
  • QuoteThe town of Nags Head is considering some improvements to make their sound access better for catamaran storage and sailing. This includes cradles.

This is amazing!

pics please
  • https://www.thebeachcats.com/pictures?g2_itemId=133286

--
    Robert Netsch
    Nags Head, NC
    --
  • https://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=133290&g2_serialNumber=3

WOW that looks amazing - enjoy

I would recommend some indoor/outdoor carpet on there to protect hull bottoms

Edited by MN3 on Jul 07, 2020 - 12:01 PM.
  • Awesome! I am down in Wilmington, NC and would kill for a place like this. Great job, Nags Head, I will be coming to visit!

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.