Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Help transporting trailer  Bottom

• I need a better trailer. I’ve found one in Lakeland Florida which is 11 hours from me in memphis. I have second place in Fort Walton Beach.

I’m looking for suggestions on how to get the trailer from Lakeland to Memphis or FWB. The seller can’t help out. I may be able to go to LAL and retrieve it but I’m looking for more convenient options.

If anyone might be traveling with an open hitch I’d be glad to pay for some gas.

--
    Tim
    Collierville (Memphis), TN
    Supercat 15--sold :(
    Hobie monocat--given
    Vanguard 15--traded for...
    Nacra 4.5--sold
    Nacra 5.7
    Hobie 14–sold to make room for...
    Supercat 17–sold
    --
  • hard to believe you can't find a decent trailer in your area
    perhaps it would be worth it to find a craptastic catamaran that you can toss and just purchase for the trailer?
  • Tim - I am heading to Nashville in the next 90 days or so. I am picking up a load in Nashville and heading back to the Tampa area. What is your time frame?
    Todd

--
    Todd Elozory
    H18
    H21SE
    Hobie Mirage Tandem Island
    Catalina 22
    Thonotosassa, Florida
    --
  • No particular time frame

--
    Tim
    Hobie monocat--given
    Nacra 4.5--sold
    Nacra 5.7
    Supercat 17–sold
    --
  • Tim, call me at 201.1497. I think I have a solution for you
  • Tim -
    Sorry I didn't see your response. If Andy worked it out, it is a moot point. If not, I will check on the status of the project. It was at least 3 months behind schedule last time I checked.
    Todd
    813-892-0854

--
    Todd Elozory
    H18
    H21SE
    Hobie Mirage Tandem Island
    Catalina 22
    Thonotosassa, Florida
    --
  • Thanks All. Andy has a trailer locally that will work out for me.

--
    Tim
    Hobie monocat--given
    Nacra 4.5--sold
    Nacra 5.7
    Supercat 17–sold
    --
  • tnellThanks All. Andy has a trailer locally that will work out for me.

much better than purchasing a trailer out of state if you can help it - you never know the condition of the hubs and bearings and having one fail on the road is a huge hassle and possibly very dangerous on a highway

i just sold a jon boat for $500. i sold it with a "free" trailer and disclaimer because i didn't have any knowledge of the history of the trailer - it came with another jon boat i recently purchased and despite being told by the previous owner it had newer bearings i wasn't convinced. i was totally upfront with the purchaser and was relieved when she let me know she made it home without incident.

a dozen years ago i sold my h18 and the purchase told me the tire exploded on the highway. wasn't to hard to find a walmart and buy a tire in-route but a hub blow out would reallllly suck

glad it worked out for you
  • Well this one is out of state too but it’s people I know and it will find it’s way to me after doing some traveling. So it saves a long drive.

--
    Tim
    Hobie monocat--given
    Nacra 4.5--sold
    Nacra 5.7
    Supercat 17–sold
    --
  • even better!

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.