Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Fx one parts  Bottom

• I was wondering where and how I can get parts for a Hobie FX One in the United States. I called the closest Hobie Dealer and they told me that I would have to go onto the Europe Ebay or Hobie France to get the parts I need because they don't have access to get those parts.
  • what parts?
  • Mast base
  • Contact Matt Miller at Hobie (Oceanside, CA) and see if he has one. If it's just the mast pin area that's broken, you really don't need it to sail. Just have someone put their foot on the base to keep the mast from slipping off when stepping. If you must have a new one, you probably have to contact Hobie Europe, or ask your local dealer to do this for you. They may have a spare in inventory. They can fabricate one for you if they don't, and MIGHT be able to drop ship from France without sending to the dealer (saves shipping).

BTW, I have a 2010 and a 2003 FX One, and the 2003 boat is for sale.

--
    High Point, NC

Exploder A15 A-Class Catamaran
    Hobie FX One Catamaran
    Hobie Tandem Island Trimaran
    Weta Trimaran
    --
  • Sidecar - thanks for the help. It was the mast pin. I still have the little piece that broke off. I am going to try and braze it back on tho the mast base this weekend. If that does not work, then I figure I won’t be in any worse of a place.
  • I believe the FX-1 uses the same mast hardware as the Tiger.

I suggest you post on the Hobie forum since Matt tends to check posts there frequently, he will probably be able to give you a definitive answer on the availability of the part you need and how to go about getting it.

sm
  • Thanks, Guys! I just had a look at the damage today, and it looks like I will need the part. I only had a little piece of what broke off. I will post on the Hobie Forum and see what I can find out. I was wondering if the part was that same as the one the Tiger uses.

Thanks for the help!
  • So, I found a website in the UK http://hobiespares.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=17 and looking at there parts lists, the fx one shares part numbers with the tiger. They must use different part numbers for their stuff.
  • I just want to update, I ordered this part https://www.murrays.com/product/50-50416011/ and it does seem to fit in the mast, however, the new part isn't an exact replica that I broke. I am going to order the rivets and rivet the new part on and see if it functions the same.
  • ttps://www.hobie.com/support/fx-one/ . Look up the parts list and take that part number to your HOBIE DEALER. Very likely a common part number with the TIGER and so should not be a problem getting it. Some parts will still have to come from EUROPE.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.