Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Looking for an F18 crew member  Bottom

• Looking for a backup crew member in the Space Coast area on an F18 in case the boat owner is not available for the Hiram's Haul Race. Message me if interested in training with us. icon_cool

--
    Flightlead Bimare F18 HT SpaceCoast
    --
  • How do I find the NOR about the race? I may like to participate.
  • There is no NOR yet. Sail Series Promotion posted a note in forums and on their webpage, https://www.sailseries.com/ . November 16th and 17th...

Edited by flightlead on Oct 11, 2019 - 01:31 AM.

--
    --
  • The date is confirmed for November 16th and 17th. The race administrators cleared the major hurdle of getting the race covered by Indian River Yacht Club under their insurance policy. They are finailizing the start/finish and mid race venues now. Will post more information when available.

--
    Craig Van Eaton
    West Palm Beach
    Supercat 20
    www.teamcyberspeed.com
    www.sailseries.com
    --
  • I'm so sorry, I missed this event (I was in Europe with my family at that time ...
  • brandonmllr,

You didn't miss anything. The race never happened. The Space Coast sailing is rather anemic. The Space Coast Catamaran Fleet facebook page hasn't posted anything since May, 2019. They seem to be adrift right now. They should have at least weekly updates and be organizing monthly fun sailing events. I meet more people while setting up and stowing the F18 along US 1 than I have on Beachcats and Facebook. I'm forward to a more active Space Coast Catamaran Fleet in the future... icon_confused icon_confused icon_confused

Yesterdays sail: https://www.relive.cc/view/vXvLYEErG1O

--
    --
  • QuoteYesterdays sail: https://www.relive.cc/view/vXvLYEErG1O

nice sailing!

that is really cool to be able to view and track your runs like that
    what gps and software do you use?
  • I started using the Relive app on my iPhone for my bike rides. It used to feed directly from the Strava app that I was using for cycling. Strava no longer supports Relive do to privacy concerns but there are other options to upload to Relive. Log onto www.relive.cc to find out. The relive app will also record your ride or sail for you directly also. I have been recording my sailing on Strava anyhow as a windsurfing session... Check it out.

Edited by flightlead on Jan 20, 2020 - 09:54 PM.

--
    --
  • RaceQs.com is a sailing specific app that works quite well for us.

--
    dk

Blade F-16
    Hobie 14
    Corsair F-242
    Mirage 25 (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    TomCat 6.2 (Sold)
    --
  • I put the RaceQs app on my iPhone and tried it out... It recorded 2 hours and 57 minutes of sitting on the shoreline. So I lost the whole morning session. I recorded the afternoon session on the reliable Strava app. However I did upload multiple .gpx files from previous sessions onto the RaceQs website, and once I figured out how to add winds to the playback mode, it seems to be quite a powerful tool. I am still learning how to use it properly but I am able to see some shoals that I had not seen before. Time will tell. I will try to figure out why the RaceQs app did not record properly.

https://raceqs.com/tv-beta/tv.htm#userId=1160930&updatedAt=2020-01-29T13:31:39Z&dt=2019-08-17T10:40:11-05:00..2019-08-17T16:08:18-05:00&boat=Bimare%20F18%20HT&model=F18

Playback at x16 or x32 speed or it can get quite boring...

Edited by flightlead on Jan 29, 2020 - 12:45 PM.

--
    --
  • The RaceQs app allows you to set a 'start tracking' time in the future so you forego idle time.

The power of RaceQs comes when you have multiple boats racing. As long as each boat uploads their tracks, boats can be compared boat to boat or from an overall fleet view. Set up marks, start and finish line and there is a lot to analyze.

--
    dk

Blade F-16
    Hobie 14
    Corsair F-242
    Mirage 25 (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    TomCat 6.2 (Sold)
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.