Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Board Bag  Bottom

• I was unable to find a well-fitted bag for my H18 daggers... and the old bag I had was working on falling apart (dusting on the inside and tearing on the outside). After a decade plus, it owed me nothing. I couldn't find a vendor who still stocked a bag for the H18, though there are some nice Tiger dagger bags and plenty of Hobie rudder bags.

I searched around for something similar, using the dimensions from DVL: https://www.hobie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7193
    sixteen inches front to back, fourty eight inches up & down and about one & one eight wide.

I found a solution that works for me... Gator makes great soft road cases for a range of musical gear. I figured a guitar case might work for a Gibson Flying V (think of Eddie Van Halen's axe), but keyboard bags actually work better. I wound up ordering a Gator Case Light Duty Keyboard Bag for 76-Note Keyboards and Electric Pianos (GKBE-76), with 51" x 18" x 5" interior dimensions and about a 1/2 inch of padding all around. It comfortable fits a set of boards... and is still an acceptable fit for two sets of boards.

I would rather have sewn up a bag, but time and skills were short, and I wanted to protect the gear better for storage... so I spent an hour working Amazon. I hope this can be of use to other H18 sailors. I used a 76-key bag and I think the 88-key longer bag would work well for H20 52" daggers.

Randii (thought someone else might google this later)
  • Quotea Gibson Flying V (think of Eddie Van Halen's axe),

disagree but don't feel the need to argue

Edited by MN3 on Sep 07, 2019 - 10:27 AM.
  • Came with my boat but work well and reasonably priced.

https://www.aquatausa.com/bagsboatcovers.htm

--
    Steve
    Nacra Inter 20
    Okemos Michigan
    --
  • Indoor/outdoor carpet good side in. Whack it together with grommets or get a carpet shop to sew it for you.

--
    '82 Super Cat 15
    Hull #315
    Virginia
    Previously owned: '70 H14, '79 H16, '68 Sailmaster 26, '85 H14T
    --
  • gahambyIndoor/outdoor carpet good side in. Whack it together with grommets or get a carpet shop to sew it for you.

that makes you a carpet bagger
  • Some bag is better than no bag. :)

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.