Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Taipan 4.9 NY  Bottom

• Boat and trailer, only sailed 3 times. Listed as catamaran, in Sag Harbor, MY

Facebook market place

Sorry can't post a link

--
    John

Marstrom Tornado
    Nacra 5.0

CT
    --
  • Been for sale for a while. Seems like a pretty good deal.

https://www.facebook.com/…ce/item/471552653652017/

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Nacra I20,P18, P16,H16
    --
  • Taipan 4.9 would be considered first generation F16 I would think.

--
    dk

Blade F-16
    Hobie Tiger
    Hobie 14
    Corsair F-242
    Mirage 25
    --
  • According to the ratings a Taipan 4.9 with spin carries an F16 rating. This one does not appear to be equipped
    with a spin.

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Nacra I20,P18, P16,H16
    --
  • The ol 'Free Trailer' selling point.
  • is a great boat

possibly has some factory support in Australia
  • All the pictures are stock factory photos-I would be weary.

They are solid F16's, especially fast downwind as they are light, when converted to a spinnaker of course. There is some factory support from Goodall Design but not a ton. Finding used rudders/daggers would be tough for example.

If you are looking for a bomb around boat, its a good choice but as they are light one must treat the hulls like A-Class hulls (they were originally derived from Boyer Mk. IV hulls IIRC). They will support more volume and take bigger waves.

If looking for a competitive F16, probably best to focus on a Falcon, Viper or late gen Nacra F16.
  • Absolutely agree with Sam. Great one design cat and deservedly popular in Australia where there are lots of 4.9s. In the US it's kind of a rare boat, although a great one, but if you're racing one design and put a spin on it, it's an older F-16.

--
    Falcon F-16
    Taipan 4.9
    S2 7.9
    --

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.