Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

salty dog still alive?  Bottom

• I tried several times last week to call saltydogmarine.com for pricing on a new bridal
    got the answering machine every time - left a voice mail - no call back

same today

anyone know if they are "on vacation" or something?
  • Dunno.
    Purchased line from them a few months ago. I sure hope they're still around. Cheapest I've found.

--
    Joshua

Texas Gulf Coast
    '82 Prindle 16 (Badfish)
    '02 Hobie Wave (Unnamed Project)
    ‘87 Hobie 18 (Sold)
    ‘89 Hobie 17 (ill-advised project boat, Sold)
    --
  • They are supposed to be making me 2 new diamond wires, I sent my old ones back as a template. I have not heard from them, now you guys have me nervous
  • I guess Saltydog is done. 2 weeks of calls and emails and nothing. The order I placed doesn’t show up in my customer portal. They didn’t charge my card so that’s a plus
  • that sucks
    i hope you get your gear back

i have a better source for rigging
    PM if you want info
  • I ordered from SaltyDog toward the end of may and never received any email until i contacted them, was told they were having issues with their email at that time, though after my message to them i had no issue receiving emails.

--
    Andrew
    Hobie 16 "spirit of '76"
    Lexington, KY
    --
  • For the last 30 years, I have done business with Don @ Salty Dog.

He was always the most helpful and quick to handle whatever I needed.

He once would open early in the morning to repair my sails while I waited.

He made all of my rigging and several sails while he still had a brick and mortar store.

Thank you Don for all have help............ icon_wink

--
    Bill 404 21SE
    --
  • Yeah, I’m a long time customer as well. He has helped keep my frankenboat Gcat 5.7 on the water for years.
  • Just got word from Saltydog that they are back up and running. Some sort of computer hack. Still find it odd they were not able to let us know through website, email or phone, especially those of use with standing orders but glad they are back up.

Edited by jalex on Sep 04, 2019 - 01:33 PM.
  • jalexStill find it odd they were not able to let us know through website, email or phone, especially those of use with standing orders but glad they are back up.

I can think of many reasons why his business could go incommunicado for a while.
    I am glad he is back- he has done great work for me over the last two decades.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • site is still down

i work in cyber security - there are lots of ransomware and other ways to cripple a business these days (and cities too)
  • jalexThey are supposed to be making me 2 new diamond wires, I sent my old ones back as a template. I have not heard from them, now you guys have me nervous

Did you get your parts?
    i don't see their site being up still
  • Their web site is toast. Nothing comes up. https://www.saltydogmarine.com

--
    Tom
    NACRA 5.7 (1984 Sail 181)
    Pennsylvania
    --
  • I did eventually get my parts, kind of out of the blue. I already had some made somewhere else as I had given up but I guess it won’t hurt to have 2 sets. If I understand the story an employee or an IT contractor completely wiped out voicemail/email/webserver and since it was an inside job, wiped out the backup system as well. This is just what I was told over the phone on why my order was late, it has not been vetted to my journalistic standards.
  • glad you got your gear -

sorry to hear about their issues - i hope they can recover from it

Hard to believe the site is still down. it wouldn't take a lot to get a page up explaining the issue
  • If you need a rigger, I have two in Galveston Bay area that do good work. Both do Mail Out work. PM me.

--
    Scott

Prindle Fleet 2
    TCDYC

Prindle 18-2 Mod "FrankenKitty"
    Tornado Classic "Fast Furniture"
    Prindle 19 "Mr. Wiggly"
    Nacra 5.8 "De ja vu"
    Nacra 5.0
    Nacra 5.8
    Tornadoes (Reg White)
    --
  • One of our club members ordered standing rigging, etc. from Salty Dog over the phone less than two weeks ago. All ordered parts were correct and delivered within a week. Helped him install most of them on Friday!

Not 100% sure, but it sounded like they're just updating their website. Last I checked, their Ebay store was open as well.

Edited by rattlenhum on Oct 06, 2019 - 08:41 AM.

--
    Jerome Vaughan
    Hobie 16
    Clinton, Mississippi
    --
  • rattlenhumOne of our club members ordered standing rigging, etc. from Salty Dog over the phone less than two weeks ago. All ordered parts were correct and delivered within a week. Helped him install most of them on Friday!

Not 100% sure, but it sounded like they're just updating their website. Last I checked, their Ebay store was open as well.Edited by rattlenhum on Oct 06, 2019 - 08:41 AM.

AWESOME!
    thanks for sharing the info
  • rattlenhumNot 100% sure, but it sounded like they're just updating their website.

Whew. They are my go to.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.