Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nacra screw  Bottom

• Could someone please tell what size the delrin rudder screw is for a 5.2 ie size and thread pitch
    Thanks
  • IIRC they are 9/16”, NFP,( I’ll have to dig out my thread gauge to get you the exact threads/inch), all the legacy Nacra used the same one.
    The original ones get all brittle & the screwdriver slot breaks. If so, just use a drill, say 3/8” or even 7/16” (one size smaller), & drill them out. You may then need a dental pick type tool to pick out the debris from the casting threads, but in my experience that will come out easy. If it was a saltwater boat, the casting threads may be grungy. It is useful to run a thread chaser tap through to clean them up. Install the new screws with a bit of Vaseline to keep things easy. Don’t worry, the lube will not let the adjustment slide over time.
    I’ve got some new ones, laying around my bin of Nacra spares. On some of these older boats, it is advantageous to have an adjustment screw longer than the original 3/4”. I can get you any length you need.
    Let me know, I can mail you some for about $6 each.

Edited by Edchris177 on May 01, 2019 - 10:23 PM.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.