Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nacra 6.0 should I?  Bottom

• Thinking about driving to Chicago for this on Sunday. I'd take a trailer with me and try to purchase just the boat. After emailing the owner, sounds like he has everything besides sails (rigging,dagger boards, rudders and assembly, etc). I'd like to verify with some more pictures.

This would be kind of a project I'd plan to get sea-worthy be end of next year. I just replaced about everything including new sails on my H18, so this would be a secondary rig. It would be really cool to eventually have 2 spots on the beach and have the option to take out either boat, or both with some family.

What should I look out for? What's the market like for used parts/sails? Any input is much appreciated!

https://chicago.craigslis…atamaran/6762939314.html
  • I bought a Nacra 6.0 last year. I too upgraded from a H18. Phenomenal boat. I called about this particular boat last summer. It's been for sale for a long time. When I called he didn't know what was included or missing. I got the feeling the boat was definitely stolen or inherited for what its worth.

What beaches are you referring to out of curiosity?

--
    Nacra 6.0 NA
    Ogden Dunes, IN
    --
  • Boat looks well kept, would like to see pictures of rudders and dagger boards. The ad does not indicate if it is a regular 6.0 or a nacre 6.o NA. The NA has a bow foil and would need the larger jib as well. I owned a 6.0 NA and loved the boat. I now have a Nacra F18 and wish I still had the 6.0. It will blow your H18 out of the water.
  • Based on the model year this should be the 6.0NA, which means it is rigged for a bridal foil. The foils are extremely rare to find, so are the dagger boards. Great and powerful boat. The mast should also have double diamonds, which I can't see in the picture. If you know the owners name PM me. There are a couple of stand up guys in the area who had these boats.

Get a quote from EP Sails for the main and jib. This could be good deal or a disaster. Either way, you are going to be in it on the high end of its value.

--
    Philip
    --
  • NADA list the boat value at $3550 with sails. Just looking at the pictures and the driveway etc. it appears that this person takes care of things.
  • Quotees are you referring to out of curiosity?

Hobie Beach at Eagle Creek Reservoir. It's 5 mins from my house, so makes sailing after work during the summer really easy. Do you ever solo your 6.0?
  • P.M.Based on the model year this should be the 6.0NA, which means it is rigged for a bridal foil. The foils are extremely rare to find, so are the dagger boards. Great and powerful boat. The mast should also have double diamonds, which I can't see in the picture. If you know the owners name PM me. There are a couple of stand up guys in the area who had these boats.

Get a quote from EP Sails for the main and jib. This could be good deal or a disaster. Either way, you are going to be in it on the high end of its value.

Great advice thank you. If i could get all in for under $4k I think it would be a really fun boat to have, especially when a crew is available.
  • Go for it...

Saw this when I was in Chi-Town last spring I gave it a hard consideration to go get it put in storage and come get it later... but then... the logistics were not going to work out... Anyway, I rang the bloke up and he told me everything was there excluding the sails... He has dropped the price a few hundred since I talked to him... You could probably get it cheaper as it has been for sale since last June when I was there..

New sails for it would run you about $3K... P.M recommended EP sails as they were the original manufactures for the sails on this NACRA.... I too would recommend going this route as well taking a look at Glaser sails... I am in the process of getting a new set from them for my Prindle... They are a high quality outfit....

Edited by JohnES on Jan 04, 2019 - 11:04 AM.

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • QuoteHobie Beach at Eagle Creek Reservoir. It's 5 mins from my house, so makes sailing after work during the summer really easy. Do you ever solo your 6.0?

I have in light winds. You could solo anything in light enough winds I suppose... buy it. Then take it to Lake Michigan.

--
    Nacra 6.0 NA
    Ogden Dunes, IN
    --
  • For some reason it's comforting to know some others here have checked it out. I've asked for a phone discussion hopefully he get's back w me soon. I feel like I could continue beating up my H18 (which I love) several times a week and work on this as my "forever boat". And yes Kevin, get up to Lake Michigan with a buddy or two.
  • looks nice
    if it is as sound as it looks, and all the gear is there - nice price

if new or used sails are in your budget too - awesome

the real question i have for you is: what is with the title and what is the local law?

if you are required to have it titled where you live (as most states require): i strongly suggest you work it out prior to purchase

i.e. go to the dmv/correct place with the hull id and do your due-diligence or you may end up with a beautiful paperweight you can't use in public water
  • From the ads here:

http://www.thebeachcats.c…5900-2003-nacra-6-0.html

Edited by jack108136 on Jan 05, 2019 - 06:45 AM.
  • If your driving to fl to get a boat ...
    my 6.0 with wings is avail still - this boat is set up currently more for cruising (wings, reefing main, but can be competitive with the nacra 6.0's as well

https://www.thebeachcats.…-custom-mystere-6-0.html

Edited by MN3 on Jan 05, 2019 - 11:02 AM.
  • MN3looks nice
    if it is as sound as it looks, and all the gear is there - nice price

if new or used sails are in your budget too - awesome

the real question i have for you is: what is with the title and what is the local law?

if you are required to have it titled where you live (as most states require): i strongly suggest you work it out prior to purchase

i.e. go to the dmv/correct place with the hull id and do your due-diligence or you may end up with a beautiful paperweight you can't use in public water

In Indiana, you don't need a title/registration for a boat if it doesn't have a motor. Trailer yes, but I'd bring my own. He has emailed me back and says he'll call after the 9th; maybe he's out of town.
  • Did you get the boat? Or, at least look at it?

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • I think there is a Nacra 6.0NA for sale in upstate NY.

--
    dk

Blade F-16
    Hobie 14
    Corsair F-242
    Mirage 25 (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    TomCat 6.2 (Sold)
    --
  • He's gone ghost on me; no response. Maybe I dodged a bullet. Still looking for a 6.0 in driving distance.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.