Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Regatta prep  Bottom

• What supplies do you bring to a regatta? Cat Trax, lunches, extra clothes, food, drinks, parts, chairs? Anything else?

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --
  • Ummm....the Catamaran!!!

--
    Pete
    2001 NACRA 450 SOLD
    2000 NACRA 500 TOTAL LOSS
    2004 NACRA INTER 20 SOLD
    2016 NACRA 500 Sport
    DeLand, FL
    --
  • Reminds me of a Ruff Riders in the early 90s. Setting the boat up, we hear across the beach, "What do you mean you forgot the F-n sails?"

--
    Scott

Prindle Fleet 2
    TCDYC

Prindle 18-2 Mod "FrankenKitty"
    Tornado Classic "Fast Furniture"
    Prindle 19 "Mr. Wiggly"
    Nacra 5.8 "De ja vu"
    Nacra 5.0
    Nacra 5.8
    Tornadoes (Reg White)
    --
  • Never found the answer for what to bring so I literally try and bring every part and tool I can fit in the truck. Anything you leave at home you'll need.
  • I have a check list on the mast support on the trailer. That helps ensure the major stuff is loaded up

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --
  • texastumaReminds me of a Ruff Riders in the early 90s. Setting the boat up, we hear across the beach, "What do you mean you forgot the F-n sails?"

That got me crew a few weeks back... the Laser sailor had everything but the sail. I asked him along and made a new friend. :)

There's gotta be some karmic benefit, right?

Randii
  • I bring a lot spare parts wise, including extra sails, rigging, rudders, I have them and they don’t take up much more room. It’s probably a 60 mile drive just to get a shackle where I sail so I can’t risk it.

As far as non sailing gear for a regatta, a shade tent makes any time spent on land a lot nicer, make sure it’s well staked and not obstructing others
  • texastumaReminds me of a Ruff Riders in the early 90s. Setting the boat up, we hear across the beach, "What do you mean you forgot the F-n sails?"

That's freaking classic right there!!! Hilarious!!! icon_biggrin

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --
  • ctcatamanI have a check list on the mast support on the trailer. That helps ensure the major stuff is loaded up

I have something like that, but I found the cloud to be more handy..
    If the list is rather long you have to actually mark each item, otherwise you go over all the list many times but with less attention each time and may end up skipping an item. Or maybe i’m a bit obsessive compulsive... icon_rolleyes Anyway, Wunderlist app worked better for me
  • No one mentioned the most important item....BEER!?!?

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.