Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Replacement mast for Narca 5.0  Bottom

• Anybody have any idea what masts will work with a Narca 5.0 and where I could locate one? I'm in Minnesota and would be willing to travel to pick one up I find one. I'm capable of modifying to fit the 5.0 as long as the extrusion is long enough and the right shape.

Thanks
  • Very hard to find a straight one. I run a 5.0 and live in constant fear of bending/breaking mine then being down for months while I locate a new one. I'm not sure which other models will fit, but I'm 99% sure the 5.2 extrusion is the same.

Also try Rick Bliss it appears as though he has a 5.2 mast in stock (page down).

http://www.new-england-ca…m/parts-and-accessories/

If nothing else works try the Brisbane Catamaran Centre in Australia (Warren Guinea). They have an extensive supply (in stock) of parts for the 5.0 (and other legacy models). Of course the shipping is tricky.

http://www.briscatamaran.com.au/

--
    Hobie 16 (3 formerly)
    MacGregor 25 (formerly)
    Chrysler Dagger 14 (formerly)
    NACRA 5.0 (currently)
    High Point, NC
    --
  • Where are you in Minn ? Anywhere close to Mimm/SP. ?
  • Paul begle can send one to Minneapolis as cheap as any one. Also keep your eye on Craigslist I’ve seen quite a few Nacra masts or parts boats in minnesota (since its the closest place to me with a good lot of Nacras). I’ve done the 8 hour trip several times now to pick up a boat.

Edited by Wolfman on May 23, 2018 - 12:31 AM.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • IIRC the 5.0, 5.2, & 5.7 older style all used the same extrusion, & all will be long enough. The 5.2 is the easiest to find, quite a few basket cases appear, for not much money.
    Pete Begle is a reputable used parts guy.
    The differences will be in length, if you don’t source an actual 5.0 you will have to shorten it, meaning the upper diamond attach, mast hound, etc may need to be moved.
    Also, it would be a major plus to get one that uses the adjustable spreader bar vs the single rod that goes through the mast.
    I’m not sure if you have no mast, or replacing a broken one. If you don’t have one at all, also look for a unit with the base that holds the mast ball captive.

Edited by Edchris177 on May 23, 2018 - 02:26 PM.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • You just missed 7 extrusions in Escondido, Ca. Pete
  • https://jerseyshore.craig…atamaran/6594486505.html

Have you contacted this seller?

--
    '82 Super Cat 15
    Hull #315
    Virginia
    Previously owned: '70 H14, '79 H16, '68 Sailmaster 26, '85 H14T
    --
  • pbegleWhere are you in Minn ? Anywhere close to Mimm/SP. ?

I live in between Duluth and Minneapolis St. Paul.

Thanks everyone for the responses!
  • Edchris177IIRC the 5.0, 5.2, & 5.7 older style all used the same extrusion, & all will be long enough. The 5.2 is the easiest to find, quite a few basket cases appear, for not much money.
    Pete Begle is a reputable used parts guy.
    The differences will be in length, if you don’t source an actual 5.0 you will have to shorten it, meaning the upper diamond attach, mast hound, etc may need to be moved.
    Also, it would be a major plus to get one that uses the adjustable spreader bar vs the single rod that goes through the mast.
    I’m not sure if you have no mast, or replacing a broken one. If you don’t have one at all, also look for a unit with the base that holds the mast ball captive.Edited by Edchris177 on May 23, 2018 - 02:26 PM.

Thanks for the info! I do have a mast with a very serious bend from a tree.. I just picked this one up a few months ago my first catamaran but I've been sailing a 25' McGregor mono for a couple years now.
  • I've found both a 5.8 mast and someone with a Prindle 16. Any input on differences in the 5.8 and 5.0 that would keep it from being adapted?
  • If I was going to adapt the longer 5.8 mast to use on a 5.0 I make sure the hounds were solid and then start from there. I would match the masts up at that point and then remove length from each end replacing other components as necessary. IMO the most critically loaded parts are the hounds and the spreaders. I would leave those intact if possible.
    Im sure this has been done by some folks on here who may have better insight.

--
    Tim
    Collierville (Memphis), TN
    Supercat 15--sold :(
    Hobie monocat--given
    Vanguard 15--traded for...
    Nacra 4.5--sold
    Nacra 5.7
    Hobie 14–sold to make room for...
    Supercat 17–sold
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.