Windrider Rave Hydrofoil on ebay  Bottom

• Anyone sail one of these?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/…PV8AAOSwkXdawq73&vxp=mtr

--
    Steve
    Nacra Inter 20
    Okemos Michigan
    --
  • I’ve never sailed one but I did see them on the water quite a bit when I was a student at Florida Tech, where they were developed. My impressions: They have a lot of complex rigging (they run three sails plus all the controls for the foils etc. back to the cockpit). I never really saw them consistently foiling, especially compared to what you see on modern foiling boats (but maybe that was just due to there being a learning curve). When they were off the foils (which seemed like the majority of the time) the short hull length, large foils, and wide beam made them quite sluggish. I also saw one pitchpole once after tangling up in a crab trap, they had to get rescued by a power boat to get the boat upright.

sm
  • we have one on our beach
    in the 19 years i have been sailing on this beach ... i've never seen it move from the rental shack it calls home
    it is missing a part and i guess they are hard to come by

our location (tampa/gulf) is not great for foiling (even though Red Gear Racing trains olympic foiling cats here) with all the seagrass and floating vegetation we have

I had to lift rudders and boards at leat a dozen times yesterday and we aren't even close to summer when it's worst

Edited by MN3 on Apr 20, 2018 - 08:35 AM.
  • I have one, price seems a little high.There is a few of them for sale at the moment.Finally sorted the paperwork on mine and took it out last week , not a hell of a lot of wind but i did manage to foil briefly a couple of times.A hoot when it gets up .

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    Windrider Rave x2 for sale
    --
  • There's been one sitting at the club, unassembled on a trailer for the last year. We had a very nice working Trifoiler here for a while, but the bay turned out to be too small for it.

--
    Prindle 18
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.