Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Tiller FL new $50  Bottom

• https://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/bpo/d/sailboat-tiller-extension/6463929351.html

It's a tiller extension, carbon fiber, new

Edited by ctcataman on Mar 28, 2018 - 05:16 AM.

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --
  • This has been on Craigslist for a few weeks. If it were a twist release, I would have snapped it up weeks ago.

--
    Dana, Holly, Emma & Hannah

LJ/Stu's Dart 18
    --
  • dartsailorsThis has been on Craigslist for a few weeks. If it were a twist release, I would have snapped it up weeks ago.

I prefer a non conductive tiller considering we live in one of the most lightning prone spots on the earth
  • That's not a tiller extension, that is an adjustable shaft for a SUP paddle.
  • mikekrantzThat's not a tiller extension, that is an adjustable shaft for a SUP paddle.

That's exactly what i thought but since i don't know "every type" of tiller, i wasn't 100% sure so i didn't say anything.
  • MN3
    dartsailorsThis has been on Craigslist for a few weeks. If it were a twist release, I would have snapped it up weeks ago.

I prefer a non conductive tiller considering we live in one of the most lightning prone spots on the earth

So carbon fiber conducts electricity? I didn’t know that. My tiller is aluminum and I’ve already felt a shock through it. Should I switch to fiberglass?

--
    Dana, Holly, Emma & Hannah

LJ/Stu's Dart 18
    --
  • dartsailors
    MN3
    dartsailorsThis has been on Craigslist for a few weeks. If it were a twist release, I would have snapped it up weeks ago.

So carbon fiber conducts electricity? I didn’t know that. My tiller is aluminum and I’ve already felt a shock through it. Should I switch to fiberglass?

Rey has sailed with a cf arribba stick forever - he hasn't died yet so i wouldn't worry tooooo much

the prob w alum ones is .... they dent/bend and then fail - even just dropping it during a tack and it hitting the edge of the hull can dent them, and start the death cycle

or during a capsize/fall, people often hold on to the stick too long and it bends ... this will pretty much end any alum stick,

Fiberglass ones have a chance of surviving this scenario: if you are lucky and you dump the stick as soon as you realize it is being bent: you may not crack it.. they have a lot of play

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.