Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

West Marine sale  Bottom

• Found some good deals online at west marine tonight. Here is one for a Ronstan Ratchet block that works great for spin sheets.

https://www.westmarine.co…ise--8738783?recordNum=9

--
    David
    Nacra 5.5SL
    Nacra 5.2 (sold)
    San Diego, CA
    --
  • Isn’t this a cheek block? I’m curious how you use this for your spin sheets.

--
    -Zach
    --
  • PurdueZachIsn’t this a cheek block? I’m curious how you use this for your spin sheets.

can be used as a turning blocks

the spin sheet is reeved through 4 of these typically: 1 on each shroud (or close ), 2 on the beam

https://i.imgsafe.org/ab2ca04.jpg
  • Cheek blocks are designed to be mounted to a flat surface such as the deck...
  • mikekrantzCheek blocks are designed to be mounted to a flat surface such as the deck...

you are completely correct about check blocks typical application but this unit looks like it could easily be used with a dynema strap and hung anywhere and states it comes with a "Shackle/Strap Type: UV-stabilized, multi-strand Dyneema rope link"

the downside to using this as a regular turning block would be the ratchet on/off switch would be upside down on one side of the boat (and may not sit flush like the other side would) - wouldn't bother me unless it scratched up my boat

Edited by MN3 on Mar 20, 2018 - 11:11 AM.
  • I use these currently and the on/off goes through the block for access to both sides. They work great.

--
    David
    Nacra 5.5SL
    Nacra 5.2 (sold)
    San Diego, CA
    --
  • davidsdI use these currently and the on/off goes through the block for access to both sides. They work great.

Great! Can you confirm that this comes with dyneema line?

--
    -Zach
    --
  • Great find... never thought I'd see "good deal" and "west marine" in the same sentence... they are undeniably conveniently located for me, but rarely very affordable.

I use the non-cheek version of this as my jib blocks on my H18, with the addition of a becket and cleat, and they work really well.

Randii
  • Does not come with the line.

--
    David
    Nacra 5.5SL
    Nacra 5.2 (sold)
    San Diego, CA
    --
  • After looking at this one closer it is a one sided cheek block. Mine does not have the screw hole in them.

--
    David
    Nacra 5.5SL
    Nacra 5.2 (sold)
    San Diego, CA
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.