Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Super cat 18?  Bottom

• Just noticed a supercat north west of New Orleans on Craigslist. also it is an 18 but probably a 17 it has nice looking square top sails trailer looks good check it out.sorry I do not know how to paste the Craigslist finder.

--
    Tom Bainbridge, Ga. Hobie16, prindle 18.2
    --
  • https://neworleans.craigs…supercat/6462235636.html

Definitely a deal. The sails alone look like they are worth what he is asking. You get a boat and trailer as a bonus.

Edited by bradinjax on Jan 17, 2018 - 09:37 AM.
  • From a photo it appears to have centerboards? I thought they did not have them.

--
    --
  • 17's do not have boards. Must be a 19
  • I read from an old beach cat forum that 25 cats were made that were 18 ft long. Looks like a wide beam from photo.

--
    --
  • You’re right, hadn’t heard of them till now. I thought the photo looked a little different. Seems like the tramp takes up a larger percentage of boat length than the 19.
  • Spoke with the owner a couple years ago, believe it’s a modified SC19. Really nice guy, any mods I’d imagine were done well. He designed a tilt trailer and other stuff including the trailer it’s on. Supposed to be made where it dumps the boat straight off in the beach. Sails had next to no hours if any on them iirc

--
    Mac
    Midlands South Carolina
    AHPC Viper USA 366
    A Cat USA 366
    Super Cat 17
    --
  • Not a bad price for a sc18 with those nice sails. I rather had that SC than my 18.2 but I'm happy. Hope someone buys it. .

--
    --
  • The foot of the jib appears to be 10 feet, that is a huge jib.
    The travel system appears to be a cable which was the type on a SC 20 that I owned years ago.
    If I was within 500 miles I would go buy it
  • looks like the jib bridal is adjustable as well -unusual mod but believable
  • Supercat did make a handful of 18 footers--to compete in the 18 Square market. They had 10-12 foot beams and used a SC19 or 19XL mast. The 19 mast is the same as the 17 mast but it has spreaders. The 17 and 19 jibs are the same. The 19XL mast is the same as the 20 standard rig mast and is about 33 feet long. That main sail looks like it is loose footed, which could mean that the boat has a boom and would make better sense that it would be an 18. The 20 has a boom, the 19 does not. Also, the 18 did not come with a jib, so the one on this boat looks to be an add-on and really is a bridle mounted reacher like the ad says. A foot of 10 feet is pay too big for a 17/19.
  • And...

I believe the 18s were modified 20s, maybe 19s like Mac stated. Look at the sterns--they are really short. The mast has the 19 spreaders on it, too. The 20 single spreaders are much larger, the triple spreader setup on the tall rig has the large spreaders in the center, then two of the 19 style smaller spreaders as well.

The thing is the boat doesn't look like it is wider than normal, so it may have been outfitted with standard 19 beams.

Looks like a good boat, though!
  • Looks like a good boat . I noticed the trailer is aluminum which is good but are those small wheels ok for a long haul,

--
    --
  • oops

Edited by randii on Jan 19, 2018 - 02:26 PM.
  • Worth a look if you're close. The addition of another project boat without repeal of two has been deemed grounds for divorce, committal, or both here.

--
    '82 Super Cat 15
    Hull #315
    Virginia
    Previously owned: '70 H14, '79 H16, '68 Sailmaster 26, '85 H14T
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.