Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Quick Pin / shroud adjuster strikes again  Bottom

• imho -Using a quick pin in a critical location is not a good idea, even if it saves 20 seconds of rigging time - ymmv

http://asnstudios.com/images/quick-pin.jpg
  • Oops! I love quick-pins on the tiller and jib. Not so much on the rigging. Is that the mast laying on the center of the tramp?

--
    Tom
    NACRA 5.7 (1984 Sail 181)
    Pennsylvania
    --
  • yes -he was on the wire - saw his shroud dangling and had no choice but to dump the mast
    brand new sails too - lucky there was no damage to the sails but his brand new beams (that he made) got scratched up
  • tominpaOops! I love quick-pins on the tiller and jib. Not so much on the rigging. Is that the mast laying on the center of the tramp?

PS caution with using one in the tiller - i have seen many people (including myself) that pins get seized in the tiller
  • MN3yes -he was on the wire - saw his shroud dangling and had no choice but to dump the mast
    brand new sails too - lucky there was no damage to the sails but his brand new beams (that he made) got scratched up

Was that Ron? He was saying something like that this afternoon.

--
    Dana, Holly, Emma & Hannah

LJ/Stu's Dart 18
    --
  • dartsailors
    MN3yes -he was on the wire - saw his shroud dangling and had no choice but to dump the mast

Was that Ron? He was saying something like that this afternoon.

yup :)
    I posted a pic or 2 on Facebook - his response was great
    "if you look close, you can see my new shinny beams" haha!

btw - i love that your giving props to the previous owners of your cat
    that boat has seen lots of use and love

Edited by MN3 on Nov 06, 2017 - 09:49 AM.
  • Yikes! Painful lesson. I don't use quick pins, and I tape in a blow: it takes a few seconds for that peace of mind.

--
    H16 back in the day
    SC17 right now
    Bradenton, FL
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.