Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

round the island 50/50  Bottom

• anyone know how this race went ? was the turnout good? and does anyone know where u can go to c the results ?

thx
  • Not seen anything yet. Sadly we elected not to race this year. The wind forecast was so poor for the event (3-6mph most of the day) we didn't feel like sitting in the gulf or dealing with bridge crossings on Sunday. The reality was the wind seemed to be fairly decent for both days. We even went out sailing on Sunday in the bay. Next year we'll race regardless.
  • The cane kept us at home dealing with all that. Otherwise that was the race we were looking forward to most and it hurt to miss it after having a blast at it last year
  • Can't find the results but If I remember correctly, the top 3 were Randy on Sizzor followed by the 2 ARC22's.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • The wind the first day was alright. My old spinnaker got some use. We made it to Fort Pickens before dark and there was still plenty of great food. I wish I didn't sail out to the wrong buoy "QR" while the tide roared out at us at the pass @ Ft. Pickens. I won't make that mistake again?

The second day started off with OK wind that seam to evaporate only to build later to OK wind. We finished right after sunset. Again still plenty of food waiting for us and great company.

Next year will be better..... icon_wink

We are returning to FWYC next month for some coastal fun and to play with a new top down furling spinnaker I ordered from Randy. We plan on sailing with another Hobie 21 buddy who couldn't make the event. icon_cool

See you all on salty waters soon....... icon_smile

--
    Bill 404 21SE
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.