Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nacra 5.2 boom  Bottom

• I have ever sailed, but now that I have a beachfront house on Lake Huron, I want to try sailing. Lucky me. I found a 1984 Nacra 5.2 in what seems to be great condition for 1500, but the boat has no boom. It has dagerboards so I know it's not a 5.0. The seller bought the boat last year and seems even more clueless than I. Did Nacra ever make a boomless 5.2 or is it missing parts?
  • Headdead, Welcome to the sailing life. All the youtube videos I pull up have the NACRA 5.2 with a boom so I would say that it's missing. On the lower part of the mast you should see a place to pin the boom. All cat's with one have some way to attach the boom to the mast. Good luck with it. Remember Google knows more than us... icon_biggrin icon_lol I am getting ready for Irma's visit.

--
    Larry
    Mirage Tandem Island -sold
    Hobie Bravo -sold
    1979 Prindle 18 Sold
    2019 Hobie Getaway
    Polk City, Florida
    --
  • Where abouts on Lake Huron? I'm just east of Georgian Bay, on the Canadian side. I have 2 complete spare booms for the 5.2
    There are 2 manuals on this site that will show you the assembly of your boat. Click on the icons, then download both manuals.
    https://www.thebeachcats.…pictures?g2_itemId=35212

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Thanks for the link, Edchris. I'm on the US side, in Greenbush, just north of Oscoda, across the lake from Kinkardin. I'm probably 400 miles from you unless you want to sail it over
  • headdeadI have ever sailed, but now that I have a beachfront house on Lake Huron, I want to try sailing. Lucky me. I found a 1984 Nacra 5.2 in what seems to be great condition for 1500, but the boat has no boom. It has dagerboards so I know it's not a 5.0. The seller bought the boat last year and seems even more clueless than I. Did Nacra ever make a boomless 5.2 or is it missing parts?

Or maybe it's a N5.2 with a N5.0 mainsail??
    Check if it has a clew plate:
    http://forums.sailinganar…ew-plate-location-check/

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.