Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

hobie parts questions  Bottom

• hey I came across a set of hobie 18 hulls 1 has a small soft spot but both are pretty solid, they come with full rudder assemblies and daggerboards. what is a good price for these

--
    Tim geyer
    1980 hobie 16 "last chance"
    Fairview heights IL
    --
  • A lot of views but no replies, so I paid $350 for it all and I'm going to hang onto it all till I can find a 18 in bad shape and put together a good boat.

--
    Tim geyer
    Fairview heights IL
    --
  • cool!
    hard to put a price on boat parts - depends on how motivated the seller is to get rid of it.

i paid $400 for a fully working h18 with no serious issues - owner wanted it and trailer gone
    i sailed it every week for 2 years till i upgraded to a more modern design

enjoy
  • I got my 16 and have been sailing it every weekend. The only thing is that I weigh 200 lbs and my dad weighs 170 so we exceed the weight limit I think a 18 would be better for the both of us and I can take the 16 when I'm by myself

--
    Tim geyer
    Fairview heights IL
    --
  • For a good hull I could see someone paying 200-400. Much more than that would seem steep.
  • flyinghobiefun I paid $350 for it all

Tim, feel good about your purchase.
    People here have paid more than you did for a single hull in good shape. They are not getting any younger, and finding them is getting harder.

Folks are hesitant to give opinions without pictures and a detailed description. I hope you find a fixer-upper H18 soon and get to build it. The 18 is my favorite Hobie.

Edited by klozhald on Aug 30, 2017 - 11:04 AM.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • Might be interested, sent you a PM.

Best price? Cheap....almost always involves large transportation costs. icon_wink icon_biggrin

--
    Shawn

Current: H18 (Bosun's Toy), Buccaner 272 (No Priorities)

Past: Prindle 18 (EssVee)

Previous life: 110' Island Class Patrol Boat
    47' Motor Life Boat
    44' Motor Life Boat
    41' Utility Boat
    30' Surf Rescue Boat
    Various other smaller rescue boats
    --
  • Check classifieds. I can send you a mast to your door for $400. Pete
  • Pete's been selling used beachcat parts for decades now. I still don't know how he gets masts shipped cheaply, but he does. You will get what he describes.

Dave

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.