Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

24th annual union regatta - Dunedin Fl Sunday September 3rd  Bottom

• nor a few posts down

a short distance race for all

1030am skip meeting
    11am start

Edited by MN3 on Aug 24, 2017 - 06:33 PM.
  • Home town throwdown. Come if you dare
  • tamumpower1Home town throwdown. Come if you dare

fast set of H18 sails for sale (and sail) in the classified -

Edited by MN3 on Aug 24, 2017 - 02:41 PM.
  • I'm workin on slowin it down actually, dang thing nearly is lighting the hulls on fire from the friction on the water. Safety hazard

Realistically the nacra will be my go to race boat. I'll have it done in time for the race but I don't think I'll have the front foil made for the spinnaker so not sure I'd want to do a distance race with it. Would be pretty slow down wind with only 190 sq/ft of sail

Edited by tamumpower1 on Aug 24, 2017 - 06:39 PM.
  • QuoteI'm workin on slowin it down actually, dang thing nearly is lighting the hulls on fire from the friction on the water. Safety hazard

http://zackeeney.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/440723_orig.jpg
    good thinging
    sea anchors are very lightweight but have great stopabilty (and almost no windage) !

Quote I don't think I'll have the front foil made for the spinnaker so not sure I'd want to do a distance race with it.

I've never sailed one but have been smoked by one (with no spin)...
    i can't find the info - whats it rate?

Edited by MN3 on Aug 24, 2017 - 06:21 PM.
  • https://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=128757&g2_serialNumber=3
  • MN3
    I've never sailed one but have been smoked by one (with no spin)...
    i can't find the info - whats it rate?Edited by MN3 on Aug 24, 2017 - 06:21 PM.

It's just over the min weight for a category II at around 375(maybe 385 now with the thicker paint and glass I did) so 67.2
    I could also do 18 foot hulls of any shape...67.2
    different rudders or boards...67.2
    making it foiling....67.2
    carbon mast/pentex sail or even a wing sail if its 18sq/m...67.2
    hiking rack...67.2

It's like a practical joke of a mixed fleet racer haha. It's upwind rating is much higher than it's overall because it's apparently slower downwind than a H18 which carries a 71.4. So upwind it's a low 60s boat. It just couldn't get up and going with only a main downwind. That's why if I get the spin hooked up it will take away the slowest point of sail for the boat and make it a beast. I'll have to take the ratings hit for the spin which will spit it out at a 64.5.

If the spin ends up being a bit much for the mast then I would just rig a furling jib on it for downwind work or super light air upwind a then be at a 65.5.

Edited by tamumpower1 on Aug 24, 2017 - 11:52 PM.
  • my head is spinning
    too much math for 8am

enjoy

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.