Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Portable beach wheels  Bottom

• Are there any reasonable portable beach wheels rig? I am sailing a Whisper foiling cat; it is outrageous fun (evidence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmwD3ElraBM&index=15&list=PLoO1STST8XYRKpt4hfFSSxvsRftKCIA58 ) , but as a beachcat it's a tad awkward to, ahem, beach icon_smile

The foils come up, but stay in the trunks, as you can see here https://keyassets.timeincuk.net/inspirewp/live/wp-content/uploads/sites/21/2015/08/AY7Q4345-copy.jpg . I need to raise the cat somehow to come safely/sanely to a beach. The rudders are ok.

I have a set of cat trax, they are large and heavy-ish. I could put them across the bows, and tie them down, but between weight and windage... meh.

Is there anything clever out there? Ideas?
  • You lucky bastard!
    The problem is, you need the large diameter of your current Cat Trax in order to handle sand, & the height of your hulls.
    I think, if you launch & return to the same place, you can leave the wheels on shore. Stop short of the beach, pull the wheels under, attach lines to your shrouds, & walk the rig up to dry land. Of course, it's much easier with two.
    If you don't return to the same place, & are totally solo...(I'm thinking why?, with that hot of a rig, you should be able to find some beach babe to help), I think keeping the wheels as one piece is probably the lesser of two evils, vs splitting them.
    I'm jealous, all four of my Carts are probably worth less than one of your foils. I hope someone has a brilliant solution.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Glad you like it icon_smile it's not all that expensive; I think it's about par with a regular (new) cat. If you (or any beachcats regular) drops by Miami, I'll be glad to take you out for a spin.

The problem isn't my start/end beach, it's picnic stops at beaches in the bay. Sometimes we have local informal races that involve a picnic at the destination beach. Short term, I am taking a small anchor...
  • QuoteI am taking a small anchor...

#7 alum fortress is light and good for sandy/loam/mucky bottom

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.