Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Alpha Cat 15 parts compatability  Bottom

• I have an Alpha Cat 15 that I am having a hard time trying to sell. The difficulty is most likely the fact that I live in Idaho. I have it priced at $500 and have literally had no response. At this point I am going to try and part it out as I want to use the money for something else. Now my question: Are the larger parts like rudders and sail, or any other parts for that matter, compatible with anything else? No use in trying to sell anything if they are boat specific as I have found very little info on them and can assume there are not many of them in action.
  • sorry to tell you but your 45 year old catamaran will have very little demand and most parts will not be of much value to anyone besides an alpha cat collector (few even know what an alpha cat is - the one of the first NACRA boats - http://www.nacra-na.com/about-us.html)

If you have the room for it, i think you would have better luck selling it as a whole/sailable boat vs parts that wont fit on any other boat (i am not certain of that fact, but guessing no one needs ancient nacra parts)

Edited by MN3 on Aug 02, 2017 - 12:26 PM.
  • Any local sailing groups in your area maybe you can put it up on a builtin board. Park it somewhere there is a lot of road traffic with a for sale sign. I do not think parting it out will get you cash quickly.

--
    Prindle 18 w/ wings, Prindle 16, Prindle 15, current
    Hobie 16 in rebuild
    2 Hobie 18 past
    NACRA 5.2 past

Saint Cloud, Florida
    member Lake Eustis Sail Club
    http://www.lakeeustissailingclub.org
    --
  • someone might want to turn it into a fishing platform, or towable trailer ...

There is a guy pretty local who takes old hobies and puts bimini's on them with an outboard (no mast obviously) and sells them

ya never know
  • I have it on Craigslist for $500.00 and so far I have had only two people call. Both were men in their 70s. Is that too high of a price?
  • Do you have it in the classifieds on this website?

Edited by tnell on Aug 09, 2017 - 07:53 AM.

--
    Tim
    Collierville (Memphis), TN
    Supercat 15--sold :(
    Hobie monocat--given
    Vanguard 15--traded for...
    Nacra 4.5--sold
    Nacra 5.7
    Hobie 14–sold to make room for...
    Supercat 17–sold
    --
  • I purchased a fully usable h18 in decent shape for $400 about 10 years ago
  • If it's not selling, the price is likely too high for the market.

--
    Tim
    Collierville (Memphis), TN
    Supercat 15--sold :(
    Hobie monocat--given
    Vanguard 15--traded for...
    Nacra 4.5--sold
    Nacra 5.7
    Hobie 14–sold to make room for...
    Supercat 17–sold
    --
  • gorilic1I have an Alpha Cat 15 that I am having a hard time trying to sell. The difficulty is most likely the fact that I live in Idaho. I have it priced at $500 and have literally had no response. At this point I am going to try and part it out as I want to use the money for something else.

Don't try to part it out, a boat that old and unique isn't likely to have anyone out there saying they wish they could find an original set of Alpha Cat 15 rudders. icon_biggrin

But a complete, ready to sail boat will have some market, just need to get it out in front of the right people (here in the classifieds) and at the right price. If your boat is complete, rig it, raise the sail, take good pictures, and place the ad. It will cost you $10 but reach the entire world of catamaran sailors, instead of just the craigslist looky-loos in your own town.

$500 seems like the bottom price to me for a complete, ready to sail, catamaran. Do you have a trailer?

Even if you decide not to place an ad I would like to see pictures and get copies of any literature you have on the boat, There isn't much Alpha Cat info in the identification archive albums here.
    https://www.thebeachcats.…pictures?g2_itemId=62011

Is this an Alpha Cat 15 or 18?

https://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=62025&g2_serialNumber=4

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.