Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

$1000.00 Prindle 19  Bottom

• Someone is going to get a good deal...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/prindle-19-sailboat-racing-catamaran-/222585637042?hash=item33d32348b2:g:DoIAAOSwT5xZOqEP&vxp=mtr

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • JohnESSomeone is going to get a good deal...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/prindle-19-sailboat-racing-catamaran-/222585637042?hash=item33d32348b2:g:DoIAAOSwT5xZOqEP&vxp=mtr

Looks to be in pretty good shape. Only issue I might have is that the trailer has no title nor is it registered. Driving 800 miles through 4 states without a valid registration might be a bit risky.
  • $1000 is just the opening bid, could go higher, or much higher. In some states trailers don't require any registration at all. Hopefully a bill of sale would be good enough.

--
    Tim
    Collierville (Memphis), TN
    Supercat 15--sold :(
    Hobie monocat--given
    Vanguard 15--traded for...
    Nacra 4.5--sold
    Nacra 5.7
    Hobie 14–sold to make room for...
    Supercat 17–sold
    --
  • All you need in 'Bama is registration on the boat. Tag and title are not required on boat trailers. I guess they figure the boat is registered and your most likely not going to be using the trailer for anything else other than hauling the registered boat. Makes sense to me.

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --
  • Bill of sale will do the trick... when you go to the DMV they'll know what the original state's requirement for title and registration is.. Just make sure you get a "legal bill of sale." LEO is going to be more concerned about the lights working and you're driving safe

In CA, you don't get a title for a trailer anymore unless you want to pay the extra money.

As for the bid, this is the third time this boat has been listed @ $1,000.00.. If I was close to me that thing would be hooked up to my Vanagon and making it's way up 95.

Edited by JohnES on Jul 24, 2017 - 09:00 PM.

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • Spider cracking visible in serial number closeup. Also, 2 cups of water in 2 hours?! From where?

--
    Prindle 16
    --
  • Sounds like it needs a new jib.

Im tempted, but shipping really kills the deal.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • dmydlackSpider cracking visible in serial number closeup. Also, 2 cups of water in 2 hours?! From where?

Yup, saw that also. I can't speak specifically for Prindles, but taking water is an issue I'd want to investigate before I'd consider buying.
  • I think I'm gonna be close to there this weekend. May have to stop and check it out.
  • Woofman, please go check it out to satisfy our collective curiosity. Apparently this boat has been listed a few times and this time at least it didn't even get one bid. The trailer should be worth a good portion of the starting bid. I'm not in the market for a 19 footer right now--I'm in the market for a certain 15 or 17 footer that starts with SC--but surely someone on here would like to score that boat if it's not some kind of scam or just really in bad shape.

--
    Tim
    Collierville (Memphis), TN
    Supercat 15--sold :(
    Hobie monocat--given
    Vanguard 15--traded for...
    Nacra 4.5--sold
    Nacra 5.7
    Hobie 14–sold to make room for...
    Supercat 17–sold
    --
  • If I am within an hour or so I don't mind, I'll have time to kill. I honestly don't know a lot of what I am looking at, most of my boating experience is power boats. Just got my first cat last year. I can take a bunch of pics though. If I can I will let you know and someone can advise on what to look for.
  • Know how to do a low pressure leak test?

--
    Prindle 18
    --
  • I was able to contact the owner of the Prindle last week .... 1995 MX hulls, boards and rudders are in excellent condition, highly adjustable aluminum trailer, 5 harnesses, main good condition but needs two top battens, jib will need replacement soon.

Any good used sails out there ?
  • Might take a look at the sails here.

https://phoenix.craigslis…le-parts/6265131969.html

Jonathan

Edited by Jonathan on Sep 25, 2017 - 11:56 AM.
  • Thanks, sent an inquiry regarding the Prindle sails.
  • gulfstream40Thanks, sent an inquiry regarding the Prindle sails.

So you gonna get that boat or what?

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • I acquired the boat last weekend. Hope to sort thru the gear, step the mast and rig in the yard Saturday and possibly to a lake Sunday, it's a little breezy in eastern nc for the beach this weekend.
  • Congrats...... Post some pics once you get her cleaned up and ready for the dance.... From what I saw it looked like a good deal, I hope it was.

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.