Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Cat Trax Under  Bottom

• Is there any way to easily get a Cat Trax in and out from behind while the boat is on the trailer? It would be nice if it would slide in and out. Thinking of running a set of 2 inch or so PVC rails about a foot apart to function as tracks, then have a tie down so it doesn't slide in transit. Getting over the cross bars without climbing under is the goal. I have seen some guys put the Trax on the hulls, but I want to try thus first. Thanks.

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --
  • Hi John,

On my P18-2 trailer I had two rectangular steel profiles bolted to the frame
    of the trailer under the storage box.
    The cat-track sat on these and was tied of to the blocks were the cat
    sat on the trailer.

https://myalbum.com/photo/2se3B95fhnCr/800.jpg

Did over 4K kilometers this way without any issues.

Hi res picture here. https://myalbum.com/photo/2se3B95fhnCr/1k0.jpg

This setup came with the P18-2 when I bought it, minor problem was
    I sometimes ran into them with my shins. Painful and bloody sometimes icon_mad icon_mad

So, if You copy the idea, some padding on the tips isn't a luxury .....

Grtz, André

--
    Tornado (80's Reg White)
    Prindle 18-2 (sold)
    Dart 16 (hired and hooked)
    13 mtr steel cutter (sold)
    Etap 22, unsinkable sailing pocket cruiser.

Amsterdam, the Netherlands
    --
  • Wat was quite handy, if I took the cat of the trailer backwards,
    and stopped halfway.
    I could tie the cattrack to stay chainplates and move it anywhere
    I wanted solo.
    Liked the P18-2 sitting on a flat surface before I step the mast.
    On rubber matts, which I carried, or on grass.
    Makes stepping the mast much easier.

A

--
    Tornado (80's Reg White)
    Prindle 18-2 (sold)
    Dart 16 (hired and hooked)
    13 mtr steel cutter (sold)
    Etap 22, unsinkable sailing pocket cruiser.

Amsterdam, the Netherlands
    --
  • Here is a trick I have used in the past... for solo sailing

1.) Drill a hole in the cradle and slip a piece of rope through it. This is going to be your keeper for making sure the cradle is set in the right position.. disregard if you don't have cradles.

2.) Put the cat track under the boat at the end of the trailer and tie it off keeping it as close to the rear of the trailer as possible..

3.) Get some swimming pool noodles for the transoms. run a piece of line through the hollow center with a foot or two on each end. or you could get a set of the real things

Ok... now pull the boat off about 2 or three feet, tie on the noodles.... pull the boat another couple of feet and tie off the cradle line to the boat.... now pull the boat all the way off. Will also work with out cradles.

Edited by JohnES on Jun 04, 2017 - 08:58 PM.

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • What type of cat is this for? My cat trax ride inside the frame of my trailer and I just pull my boat off the trailer just enough and then I am able to get the trax out and put them behind the trailer until I actually get the boat on them. I guess it would depend on the geometry of the framework of your trailer as to what you are asking. My trailer is an "Easy Loader" brand of trailer and the framework is really curved nicely towards the front, not like the horseshoe type of frames that I've seen. What trailer do you have? The shape of the frame may be what is the issue.

Edited by martyr on Jun 04, 2017 - 11:19 PM.

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --
  • Easiest way I found for securing the cat trax to the trailer
    Get a large Ubolt and secure the cat trax just forward of the boat to the trailer tounge
    Easy to put on or take off
  • This is the Wave trailer. The frame is the same width as the trax wheels. I like the forward idea, but now with 8 inch wheels it would ride too low. I tested a slide in, and it worked well. Pictures to follow.

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.