Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Supercat 20 jib system  Bottom

• Been sailing on a Supercat 20 the past 2 years. We have it set up the best we know how but we know we are missing something on the jib system. There are 2 rings on either side of the jib sheet before it goes through the blocks that attach to the clew, I am assuming this is part of some sort of barber hauler system. There are 2 blocks on the boom that also seem to be part of a barber hauler system, Anybody have any photos or diagrams of how this all goes together. Or if anybody has one in Florida we'd love to come buy you lunch and beer and see how yours is rigged
  • I don't think Supercats came with a barber hauler so what you have there might be someone's custom deal. Maybe post some pictures so we can see what you have?

--
    H16 back in the day
    SC17 right now
    Bradenton, FL
    --
  • Got it figured out, guys at Aquarius were accessible as always

Edited by jalex on Jun 04, 2017 - 01:15 PM.
  • pics and a description of the answer may help someone in the future
  • I'm pretty sure that barber hauler system is original as my SC20 has it too. Basically there is a line that runs through a cleat on the boom, through a block on either side, then out to a ring which the jibsheet passes through.

On interesting downside is that it can make it nearly impossible to uncleat the jib if the main has flopped over in a tack. The entire mainsail is being held by the jibsheet on the now windward side and the tension on the jibsheet is obviously very high.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.