Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Summer Sizzler, Daytona Beach June 24th  Bottom

• Don't miss the Summer Sizzler in Daytona Beach. More info available in the Events Calendar June 24th 2017!! It's an Ocean Buoy Race..Good times had by all. icon_cool

--
    Pete
    2001 NACRA 450 SOLD
    2000 NACRA 500 TOTAL LOSS
    2004 NACRA INTER 20 SOLD
    2016 NACRA 500 Sport
    DeLand, FL
    --
  • I got my hotel reservations down. Trying to get a fleet of Hobie 18's. So please pass the word to any folks that might have one laying around. Right now we have 8, who plan to show up. Another 2 on the fence.

Always a great time.

Cheers
  • There's an 18 that races every other weekend at a club down here I'm going to try to go meet and get to come so that might bump us up another.
  • Great. We just had another Club member buy an 18 today. New sailor though. It will be close on whether I can get him up to speed in a month.
  • It's a hobie 18 movement! Is their boat any good? I mean I showed up to race after only sailing like 5-6 times and still had fun. You can't learn how to get faster unless you are racing beside someone anyway. I think getting them through the surf and messing with rudders without weather vaning will be the hardest thing. One of us could drive them out and then just swim back worse case.
  • QuoteOne of us could drive them out and then just swim back worse case.

Get ground crew to push them out!
    or a chase boat to tow them out

or a trebuchet!

Edited by MN3 on Jun 01, 2017 - 08:22 AM.
  • MN3or a trebuchet!

I would love to see the trebuchet that could launch a Hobie 18.
    Could provide a LeMans start to an ocean race, say the GT 300?
    They'd need trapeze harnesses with neck support... Maybe spring loaded trap wires?

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • Quote would love to see the trebuchet that could launch a Hobie 18.

could happen - http://oneeyeland.com/photo4/conceptual/one_eyeland_preflight_by_glen_wexler_49425.jpg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ8jGqdE2iw
  • Problem is the sling is going to rotate the boat close to upside down before releasing it so to get mast clearance it's going to be a bit of a problem. Might have to start with the boat on its side to have a chance.
  • QuoteMight have to start with the boat on its side to have a chance.

just need to add a gimble to the sling attachment point with some 5200
  • Sounds like we are going to have a helluva turnout!! Hopefully better weather than last year and we can race both days!!

--
    Pete
    2001 NACRA 450 SOLD
    2004 NACRA INTER 20 SOLD
    2016 NACRA 500 Sport
    DeLand, FL
    --
  • Sailors looking to attend the Summer Sizzler June 24-25 please register asap. Should registration not take a significant uptake we will have to pull the plug. To date we have 2 boats registered. We obviously can't afford to do this without a minimum of 15-20 boats. Please support the only Ocean regatta left in Florida.
    Register at

Hobie Fleet 80 - Daytona Beach
    FLEET80.COM
    icon_confused

--
    Pete
    2001 NACRA 450 SOLD
    2004 NACRA INTER 20 SOLD
    2016 NACRA 500 Sport
    DeLand, FL
    --
  • People love to register last minute. It's like girls at the dance. Whoever shows up last is the hottest. I was wondering if they were going to make a regatta network link for us to use like last year or not.

Also their registration form is kinda broken. At least for me the required signature and date at the bottom I cant enter anything. If I click register it adds me to the list still even though it says it's required but some people might not figure that out.

Edited by tamumpower1 on Jun 08, 2017 - 12:30 PM.
  • We are having a multihull clinic at the Rudder Club this Saturday. We will try and get folks excite about going to this regatta. My hope is about 10 boats from the Rudder Club, that many have indicated interest in joining us.
  • Thanks Rich...Thanks Matt

--
    Pete
    2001 NACRA 450 SOLD
    2004 NACRA INTER 20 SOLD
    2016 NACRA 500 Sport
    DeLand, FL
    --
  • does this regatta have an open class or just hobie

--
    Doug Klem
    Pensacola , Fl.
    Blade F16
    Prindle 18-2 w/spin
    Prindle 18-2 x 3
    Prindle 19 MX
    --
  • I think usually there's more open stuff there, we just had a big increase in H18 boats the past year and it looks like this will be the most we have had together at one race yet.
  • Yes it will have an open class. This is a very fun ocean race at a great venue with fantastic people!! Come join us. icon_cool

--
    Pete
    2001 NACRA 450 SOLD
    2004 NACRA INTER 20 SOLD
    2016 NACRA 500 Sport
    DeLand, FL
    --
  • There are 2 F16's and 3 F18's already registered too.

--
    Pete
    2001 NACRA 450 SOLD
    2004 NACRA INTER 20 SOLD
    2016 NACRA 500 Sport
    DeLand, FL
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.