Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

5.8 nacra  Bottom

• http://www.ebay.com/itm/LF-1984-Nacra-19-Catamaran-Trailer-Oklahoma-/391766568366

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    Windrider Rave x2 for sale
    --
  • Heck of a deal if someone wants to invest minimal cash in a decent boat that appears to have most of the vital parts. Oklahoma is a bit of a haul for me.

--
    Tom
    NACRA 5.7 (1984 Sail 181)
    Pennsylvania
    --
  • looks like one of those pressure wash situations to make a silk purse out of a sows ear

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    --
  • Wow!!! That actually doesn't look bad in pictures, but beware, can't tell until you see it in person. The graphics on the sides don't even look too worn either which makes me think it hasn't been in the direct elements for too many years. If you bid on this vessel, be sure to read the details about Boat Angel, there are some extra costs besides the bid. Nice Nacra.

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --
  • I am not interested in the boat, I posted it in case anyone had an interest in it.Been the proud owner of a 5.8 before.

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    --
  • Power washer, Sougee powder, somebody gonna have a sweet deal! All the money saved can be spent on new sails.

--
    Todd

Virginia
    --
  • question is.....what is your time worth?
    i've restored 2 of those 5.8's that weren't as bad as that and spent 100 hrs restoring each boat.
    filled me with pride while emptying my pocket. jaja
    j

--
    Aquacat 12 (sold)...'87 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'03 Nacra Inter18 (sold)
    Venture 15 (sold)....'89 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'91 Nacra 5.8NA (sold)
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --
  • Boat Angel..... run...

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • yup ouch fees on top of price...

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    --
  • Hey guys, its says the trailer is permitted for storage only. So f I bought the boat I would have to use another trailer or could I use that one to get it to Georgia? Thanks,Tom

--
    Tom Bainbridge, Ga. Hobie16, prindle 18.2
    --
  • It's all about the lack of title and license. Depending on the state that can be a problem. You would still have to check tires, bearings, lights and other safety issues, but if you can address those concerns, towing the trailer should not be a problem with a bill of sale. Usually you can get the trailer licensed in your home state with an inspection and sales receipt.

--
    Tom
    NACRA 5.7 (1984 Sail 181)
    Pennsylvania
    --
  • Well, the seller states that the trailer needs repairs, has rust and rotted out wooden bunks. It has been sitting out in that field for over 20 years. To get it roadworthy, you'd probably want to change out the tires, bearings perhaps, and lights. You could always transfer the boat to another trailer and just ditch that one.

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --
  • It is to bad the boat is 13 hours away. Adds up to roughly another 200.00 fuel plus the buyers premium adds up. Looks like a fun project but I guess I will just dream on for another deal. Thank all of you very nice guys for your valuable advice and opinions. Tom

--
    Tom Bainbridge, Ga. Hobie16, prindle 18.2
    --
  • ecIt is to bad the boat is 13 hours away. Adds up to roughly another 200.00 fuel plus the buyers premium adds up. Looks like a fun project but I guess I will just dream on for another deal. Thank all of you very nice guys for your valuable advice and opinions. Tom

And once you get there then you're going to pay another $1000.00 in fees to Boat Angle... the best best one is title and ownership transfer fee.... and sales tax estimate.... they wanted to charge $500 for something you can do in 15 minutes at the DMV I have dealt with these folks in the past... told them thanks but no thanks.

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.